Desparate need of advice

NastyNate420

Established Member
After chasing down an over heating issue it seems that I have a blown head gasket on the passenger side between the middle 2 cylinders. It cause coolant to be puked out of the overflow. compression on those 2 cylinders was about 160psi. and the the spark plugs were wet with what appeared to be coolant. Other cylinders compression was 180-195. Im going to do a leakdown to confirm the blown head gasket. So I have some serious issues. i jus gave my landloard 30 days notice that i was moving and I was moving back across the country ....If I jus change the head gasket do you think it'll be good ?ICar still runs and drives normal jus starts to get hot. If you were in my situation what would you do ? car has 195k miles

Planter

Banned
wellllllll depending on how long you been running it like that you may have trashed the bearings. coolant is an abrasive/corrosive. do you have water/coolant in your oil?

if you ran it too long then you will most likely be looking at a rebuild or a new shortblock.

if it were me, now is the time for a new forged shortblock with that kind of mileage.

NastyNate420

Established Member
It ran for maybe 300 miles. Yeah I was trying to be back east for Christmas but that all seems like a pipe dream!
yeah with the mileage I was thinking about forged pistons, manley h-beams and new bearing cyclinder hone and freshen up the heads, new gaskets and timing. Ahh so many decisions Know of any builders in the Sac area???

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
AED is probably the closest and best shop around you. I'd let them check it out.

Planter

Banned

Users who are viewing this thread