Detailed the Cobra..pictures and video! :]

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Okay so I spent last night and this morning cleaning up the Cobra [since I finally had some days off]

and this is what I came up with...nothing really special..I plan on investing in some porter cable pads to help the paint out

First video I have posted of my car...just moving it out to the street and gave it some gas :] first time I actually got to hear the car from the outside, was EXTREMELY impressed! lemme know what you think..
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4FgdlkkWy8"]YouTube - 96 SVT Cobra[/ame]

12622503.jpg

49946085.jpg

54861361.jpg

36728238.jpg

52468675.jpg

37603047.jpg

48536246.jpg

32339377.jpg

45267847.jpg

and my new computer wallpaper :]

So yea..post comments or any ideas..

BTW: this car was actually 'totalled' out by my insurance last summer, but after a long fight..I saved it, but I had to fix it myself out of pocket [being a college student..its kinda lame]

but I spent about $600 and LOTS of hours into her and I'm very pleased [I was rear-ended by a lady at a stop sign]...if only I had pictures of the car from the summer..you would see the transformation I have done...

So thats why my rear bumper isn't as 'glossy' as the rest of my car...that was literally done with spray cans [but it turned out decently...I did all the right prep work]

these next few weeks, I'll be getting clear corners and smoking my headlights, and repainting all my bumpers with an actual paint gun..as well as my gas tank.. [black straps..or should I get the stainless steel straps??]

anyways...ya..there ya go!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
+1 on the red tank,other than that it looks great.I like the little head tick pop-up that you put in there.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
you guys are bustin' my balls! I love how it looks..
*shrugs* oh well, can't win them all I suppose.. lol

any suggestions besides painting it black?

Bultrowicz

Established Member
Car looks pretty good man!! I dont know why but i dont think the tank looks that bad, its different but it does look a little out of color i guess. Nice car though !!

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
you guys are bustin' my balls! I love how it looks..
*shrugs* oh well, can't win them all I suppose.. lol

any suggestions besides painting it black?

Maybe a brushed or polished aluminum cover? I prefer black, but the red is tacky IMO. The car looks great though, simple and clean.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
thanks for the compliments and input guys

you might end up making me paint it black :/

decisions decisions!!

maybe its one of those things you have to see in person..because I get compliments on it... or people just lie to my face >_<

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
nice looking ride but that gas tank is an eyesore...maybe paint it black with aluminum colored straps or something

since EVERYONE keeps saying that about my gas tank

I'll either

a)paint my gas tank black w/ a nice clearcoat, and get aluminum straps
b)leave it as it, and next time before I put pictures of my car on SVTP, I'll photoshop my tank black

:rolling:

But this car has come a LONG way...but I want to put stainless steel inserts [I lost the grey vinyls I had when I painted the bumper]...would it be too much if I had that and the aluminum gas straps?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
since EVERYONE keeps saying that about my gas tank

I'll either

a)paint my gas tank black w/ a nice clearcoat, and get aluminum straps
b)leave it as it, and next time before I put pictures of my car on SVTP, I'll photoshop my tank black

:rolling:

But this car has come a LONG way....but I want to put stainless steel inserts [I lost the grey vinyls I had when I painted the bumper]...would it be too much if I had that and the aluminum gas straps?

I think that would look real good.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Rear bumper wants moar clearcoat!

lolyea..you're telling me about it...it was done with spray cans that I had at the house left over from what my dad used on his car

shortly I'm going to pick up real paint and shoot it with a gun :]

Users who are viewing this thread