detailed this civic i bought.............................

SVTKEV

Established Member
as you can see from the carpet only way was to remove everything....
anybody ever bought or cleaned a nasty ass car like this?
8E7FF215-B5C5-4817-A224-A69594E70CCA_zpsmmhfbnxo.jpg

C1574EE8-5FB5-4A33-8EEA-30D2A665EC8A_zpsx5axonvu.jpg

just rinsing the carpet with water, it looked like straight pop or coffee coming out
001E88D9-50CF-494F-8DBA-F6557CA238AA_zps6wu6f5sw.jpg

now i can stand to ride in this thing
DCC1C51B-88AD-4A4C-A540-7E9FA8379E51_zpsavlwcyj5.jpg

C41F301E-0729-4935-A5B1-6407A086F865_zpsjjgxvvum.jpg

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
I'd be interested in replacing the carpet in my DD. Previous owners have spilled coffee and all kinds of crap all over it. It's disgusting.

SVTKEV

Established Member
Car can't be worth all that trouble
besides the seat bolts , i removed 4 phillips screws from the console, interior was out in 15 minutes, back together that afternoon
car is sold thursday , i expect to profit $2100 not a bad days work in my book

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
local detail shop charges like 150 to do a bumper to bumper new car special.

It's amazing to not have to do anything

Stinger2011

Established Member
We cleaned my pos 94 v6 camaro out like that. The carpet was in similar condition.

I had a hard time vacuuming it out. I kept having to breakdown the vacuum hose and clean it out. It kept getting those little plastic clips dumb parents put in their kids hair stuck in it.

Still haven't sold that pos.

SVTKEV

Established Member
local detail shop charges like 150 to do a bumper to bumper new car special.

It's amazing to not have to do anything
i considered it , but i didnt think they would do as good a job i would do myself or they would charge me more than quoted because of the extreme nastiness

Mach828

Established Member
Ebay carpets are like $120. Would have been a wise investment vs trying to clean that infestation.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Unless the car I buy is very new.....I remove all of the interior (carpet, seats, panels) and give them a solid once over. I honsetly enjoy the process and gives me a chance to do the little upgrades I like to do.

I will say I do agree with above that a carpet kit from ACC might have been a better route. In the 15-20 cars ive flipped occasionally ill do some sound deadening also...mainly if its a truck.

SVTKEV

Established Member
really wasnt that bad to get it clean , buyer is buying it for a 16 year old girl so it will probably get trashed anyway
old carpet + power washer + elbow grease = $120 in my pocket

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
4U 2 nv, have you found any good/close to OEM carpet kits for 4th gen f-bodies? I hate the kits that have to be trimmed, used one from speed inc several years ago.n They claim it is like OEM, it was a PITA ass and just looked cheap.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
4U 2 nv, have you found any good/close to OEM carpet kits for 4th gen f-bodies? I hate the kits that have to be trimmed, used one from speed inc several years ago.n They claim it is like OEM, it was a PITA ass and just looked cheap.

yeah I have heard that about the speed inc and Texas speed kits. Only good things about them are that they can come without sound deadening to save you 15-20lbs or so. ACC is the big popular aftermarket brand but like you said has to be trimmed...and normally doesnt fit the tunnel/ rear set wells and upper foot area well. We did one on a buddies TA a few years ago and it almost seemed like we needed to keep it weighed down so it "learned" the contours of the floor to fit better. I did an ACC in the truck below and it was very simple but almost prob the easiest to cover.

I have been pretty lucky in buying 2 different carpets from wrecks/part outs off Ebay for Ffbodys. Most arent perfect but are 100% better than what I had before.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
yeah I have heard that about the speed inc and Texas speed kits. Only good things about them are that they can come without sound deadening to save you 15-20lbs or so. ACC is the big popular aftermarket brand but like you said has to be trimmed...and normally doesnt fit the tunnel/ rear set wells and upper foot area well. We did one on a buddies TA a few years ago and it almost seemed like we needed to keep it weighed down so it "learned" the contours of the floor to fit better. I did an ACC in the truck below and it was very simple but almost prob the easiest to cover.

I have been pretty lucky in buying 2 different carpets from wrecks/part outs off Ebay for Ffbodys. Most arent perfect but are 100% better than what I had before.

Cool, had not really considered a used set, but would rather do that than wrestle with these 'OEM' kits. I will need to check ebay etc...my 99 had a bolt-in cage that previous owner removed, carpet was hacked up for the cage.

Users who are viewing this thread