detailing DSG

SilvGT

Established Member
can you guys help me put a list of things you would suggest start to finish. I just got her not to long ago she has some light swirls and a couple light scratches on her. I have a PC so just need some advise on products Thanks

SilvGT

Established Member
i bought a bunch of stuff from scott awhile back. just wanted to see what others thought worked well with dsg

CbraSvt01

Banned
I used the Wolfgang combos on my 99 i bought recently. It was badly swirled, oxidized and dull. I used the total swirl remover, finishing polish, sealent glaze, then topped off with p21s carnuba wax. The paint looks brand new. Everything was done with my PC and pads. Oh I also clayed the car before doing any of these steps. It took a long time but the results were well worth it. In all honesty you can have the best products and tools to do the job but you have to know what you are doing. I have seen people move way too quickly with the pc and not use the correct speeds. I suggest hopping on AutoGeek.net and take some time to watch the instructional videos they have on there. This is also where I buy all my products from. Wolfgang is top notch IMO

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Mix-

How do you like Natty's? Would you suggest it on Mystic Chrome?

SilvGT

Established Member
03dsgcobranc said:
I have a DSG and this combo works wonders
start with the swirl eliminator and polish http://www.prowax.com/polish.shtml
and follow with satin creme wax http://www.prowax.com/waxes.shtml
best products i have ever used, period!!!
btw, i recommend using this stuff by hand it is so easy to put on and take off its unreal

thanks alot. never heard of those products i'll have to look into them

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
The darker the color...the better a glaze (vanilla/red machine moose) will work. For dark cars...I clay, then SSR2.5, then Vanilla Moose, then Nattys, then EX-P!

SilvGT

Established Member
Nicky P 03 SVT said:
The darker the color...the better a glaze (vanilla/red machine moose) will work. For dark cars...I clay, then SSR2.5, then Vanilla Moose, then Nattys, then EX-P!

great already have everything you listed

Juztang

Obsessive Detail
Established Member
Nicky P 03 SVT said:
The EX-P has to go before the Natty's because the sealant will not bond to the wax. You can always put carnuba wax over sealant but not sealant over wax.

Scott P

Established Member
With metallic paint, I always suggest that you get the clearcoat clean and polished and concentrate on letting the metal flake pop. The Poorboy's SSR Series (2.5 and 1) or Optimum Compound and Polish would be very effective at getting the paint clean while removing or reducing those swirls and light scratches.

Once that was done, I'd go for clarity to ensure the metal flake is sparkling. ClearKote Red Moose Machine Glaze adds excellent depth and clarity. I'd then top it with Poorboy's EX-P sealant. It is a pure sealant and gives a great shine and gloss. Personally, I wouldn't top it with a carnauba wax as it might tend to mute the metallics a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread