Detective work request...

SlowYellow

Established Member
So I've got an odd request. For the past several years I've been thinking that my dad was getting a little old for driving a stick, and that he would get rid of his car. Well, I offered to buy it and evidently my brother did the same. So, he told us shortly after I asked the last time that he sold it. He said that he didn't want us to fight over it. Now you have to understand that I grew up in the car, not only is it a cool car, it's very sentimental to me. I'm trying to track it down and I just don't have the skill set to do it. I don't want to put his info out here, but if he has gotten rid of it, it's been in the past couple of years. If anyone could maybe track down data on it, i.e. new owner, location, and so forth I'd greatly appreciate it. Unfortunately I am several states away, I've been in the military for the past 14 years, and I have little info on it. However, he has a unique name, and it's not a common vehicle. If you can help, please send me a PM and I'll get back to you. Thank you in advance.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Convince your Dad to tell you on the down low so your brother doesn't find out. If he refuses...

torture-chamber-water-bucket-controversial-260nw-405763996.jpg

SlowYellow

Established Member
It’s common enough. It’s a 1982 911sc. Platinum metallic in color, chocolate brown interior. He had the dash replaced with a black one years ago, and a couple other small upgrades. Fantastic car, I took it to prom, lol. Lots of great memories in it. I’ve looked on Craigslist and all sorts of other sites. I can’t find it. The dead giveaway that it’s the right car will be that dash. Well not a dead giveaway, but I’d bet that there aren’t many of them out there like that. Oh, and the “911SC” on the back is powder coated black. Just in case anyone has seen it running around. It was in Dallas. Fun fact, he bought it brand new for something like $32K. Damn inflation, lol.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
If you don't mind being sneaky, maybe you can get your dads car insurance agent to pull the vin from their records

VegasMichael

Established Member
It’s common enough. It’s a 1982 911sc. Platinum metallic in color, chocolate brown interior. He had the dash replaced with a black one years ago, and a couple other small upgrades. Fantastic car, I took it to prom, lol. Lots of great memories in it. I’ve looked on Craigslist and all sorts of other sites. I can’t find it. The dead giveaway that it’s the right car will be that dash. Well not a dead giveaway, but I’d bet that there aren’t many of them out there like that. Oh, and the “911SC” on the back is powder coated black. Just in case anyone has seen it running around. It was in Dallas. Fun fact, he bought it brand new for something like $32K. Damn inflation, lol.
There's one on this registry that fits your description and it's located in Dallas. The VIN is there as well. Owner says the interior has been partially converted to black. Simon's Porsche 911 SC Site

SlowYellow

Established Member
There's one on this registry that fits your description and it's located in Dallas. The VIN is there as well. Owner says the interior has been partially converted to black. Simon's Porsche 911 SC Site
Holy hell! That sure sounds like it. Can’t pull anything up on VTCmart though. Ugh. Thank you. I’m going to look into this.

SlowYellow

Established Member
I agree. I can’t pull much up. But I saw that it had tan and black interior and my heart sank. I’m going to keep looking into it, but it has chocolate brown interior.

Users who are viewing this thread