DFW Cobra's

Mixing32

Established Member

PonyFever said:
Old man says street racing is both illegal and dangerous. Take it to the track.

If your a dumb ass it is I ve done it for 5 years and have never seen one wreck.

adamb258

Established Member
PonyFever said:
Old man says street racing is both illegal and dangerous. Take it to the track.

+1 . .why not? too cheap to pay the $15 fee? its legal, stickier and much more accurate.

adam

Mixing32

Established Member
First of all its $10 and do you think its about money if I was cheap I wouldnt of got a 03 cobra. Street racing is more fun because there is lot of people that go to the street races that dont go to the track. Plus theres alot more freedom there insteed of just waiting in line for a hour to do one run. I go to the track about once a month but its just not like the sat night races.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
adamb258 said:
+1 . .why not? too cheap to pay the $15 fee? its legal, stickier and much more accurate.

adam

Lol, so why is it that you're not buying a Cobra then???? .....sigh.....

03DSGCOBRA

Mixing32 said:
....Street racing is more fun because there is lot of people that go to the street races that dont go to the track. Plus theres alot more freedom there insteed of just waiting in line for a hour to do one run. I go to the track about once a month but its just not like the sat night races.

quote of the day! :rolleyes: :loser:

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
Theres a much better chance of getting in a wreck at the street races, i use to go back in the day yrs ago, but know everyone acts all stupid, Im more afraid of someone spinning out into my cobra

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
Mixing32 said:
First of all its $10 and do you think its about money if I was cheap I wouldnt of got a 03 cobra. Street racing is more fun because there is lot of people that go to the street races that dont go to the track. Plus theres alot more freedom there insteed of just waiting in line for a hour to do one run. I go to the track about once a month but its just not like the sat night races.
Go post that in the donut shop and see what kind of responses you get. :thumbsup:

I'll even link it for you

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
:lol: Now who's the pot stirrer?

Ok, any street racing we've done is all friendly, if you want to run with us you should come out to the meet and hang out with us first. I'm not too comfortable setting up street races over the internet, infact, I'm not too comfortable setting them up to begin with; unless it's with one of my good buddies. I'm just not that serious about it.

The group of guys that meet up here are really laid back, and generally wouldn't want to "meet up on sat night and show everyone how they wish they had one".

For the most part, excluding a few (me), they're actually pretty mature. Speaking for myself, I go out to the meets to hang out with my friends and not to race, and I think it's the same way for everyone else.

However, if someone wants to run down the Bush access road to see how their new mods worked out, I don't see a problem with it. The guys I've raced from our group are all good drivers, we run on the road we know when there is no traffic.. and we don't take it beyond 4th gear. Street racing doesn't have to be dangerous, the only thing you have to risk is your license.

I'd prefer to take it to the track though, maybe we could have a track GTG.. I've been meaning to see what my new numbers are.

In any event, take it easy, be safe, and I look forward to seeing everyone on friday night.

Mixing32

Established Member
snakebitten1975 said:
Theres a much better chance of getting in a wreck at the street races, i use to go back in the day yrs ago, but know everyone acts all stupid, Im more afraid of someone spinning out into my cobra

I agree to that but the races I go to are mostly a hang out and only the fast cars and the ones that have been doing it a long time mostly races. We police them anyone that has been drinking or acting stupid we run them off. So whats left are people that love cars and love to use them.

Mixing32

Established Member
foofinator said:

Ok, any street racing we've done is all friendly, if you want to run with us you should come out to the meet and hang out with us first. I'm not too comfortable setting up street races over the internet, infact, I'm not too comfortable setting them up to begin with; unless it's with one of my good buddies. I'm just not that serious about it.

The group of guys that meet up here are really laid back, and generally wouldn't want to "meet up on sat night and show everyone how they wish they had one".

For the most part, excluding a few (me), they're actually pretty mature. Speaking for myself, I go out to the meets to hang out with my friends and not to race, and I think it's the same way for everyone else.

However, if someone wants to run down the Bush access road to see how their new mods worked out, I don't see a problem with it. The guys I've raced from our group are all good drivers, we run on the road we know when there is no traffic.. and we don't take it beyond 4th gear. Street racing doesn't have to be dangerous, the only thing you have to risk is your license.

I'd prefer to take it to the track though, maybe we could have a track GTG.. I've been meaning to see what my new numbers are.

In any event, take it easy, be safe, and I look forward to seeing everyone on friday night.

I wasn't ask anyone to race me I just love my 03 and I want to me more people like me. Its great to talk to yall on here but having 5 or 6 cobra's go out to the races and everyone dam those are some slick cars is priceless.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
foofinator said:
Who, me? *whistles innocently*
foofinator said:
For the most part, excluding a few (me), they're actually pretty mature.
:lol:
foofinator said:
a track GTG.. I've been meaning to see what my new numbers are.
Ennis's next street night is June 9th, I'll be there with some people.

Users who are viewing this thread