DFW GTG 8/01-03

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
I wanted in but I needed to get the front pads replaced, for the third time. Needed to turn the rotors also. The third pair I went with PFC Z rated from Autozone. They didn't have anything listed under 2003 Cobra, but was listed under 2001 Cobra. They came with a lifetime warranty, and I will sure get my moneys worth out of them.

Count me in the next GTG. Lunch this Friday?

Originally posted by coleman
who's going so far:
  1. coleman & son = yellow
  2. DD2000GT = blue
  3. mustarrosa (steve dean) = silver
  4. redaddiction & domeskilla = red
  5. B-O-B'03 & shadow? = black vert
olchakla ??? i know you're back :)
SaleenCobra -- you mentioned you could come, right?
Bingo13?

coleman

Established Member
olchakla, start a new thread for this weekend's activities ... i'm up for a Friday lunch! :D

coleman

Established Member
yes, i agree... it was a little too crowded.
we also need ample parking to get all of our cars together :)

James Baldwin

Established Member
We usually have good luck at Hartfords in Lewisville or Champs in Irving. Keep watching ClubCobra for the next meeting.

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Okay well I'm going to keep the Cobra, dropping a 4 rotor or even 3 rotor into the RX7 I was going to get is going to cost way too much.

So I'm going to get the Works Whipple charger when it comes out. :thumbsup:

Bingo13

Established Member
I test drove a RX8 this morning, the thoughts of what a turbo would do for that car are still jumping around in my head. It has the backseat I need and looks a ton better than the EVO VIII on my short list.

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Originally posted by Bingo13
I test drove a RX8 this morning, the thoughts of what a turbo would do for that car are still jumping around in my head. It has the backseat I need and looks a ton better than the EVO VIII on my short list.

We better hush about all this RX7 and RX8 talk before some of the simpler minded people start calling us rice lovers...:rollseyes

03_silver_coupe

Established Member
Originally posted by SaleenCobra
We better hush about all this RX7 and RX8 talk before some of the simpler minded people start calling us rice lovers...:rollseyes

Too late. You rice lovers. J/K:lol: :beer:

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by SaleenCobra

I am sorry about the public notice on the subject. :lol:

You have to go drive an RX8, best overall handling stock car I have been in since a Z06 last spring. I just wish there were some kits out right now for the engine as this Cobra would be sitting on a Rice lot. The new '04 Z06 is suppose to be a monster on the track now with the revised suspension and further weight reductions, anyone at SVT listening???? ;-)

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by 03_silver_coupe
Too late. You rice lovers. J/K:lol: :beer:

As much as I hate rice, the Supra/300ZX/RX7/RX8/Skyline are just not rice to me. The EVO and STi border on it but they are very good cars, different than what we drive but they have a purpose.

I will now retreat to my pseudo board name to discuss more rice adventures. :lol1:

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
Fox and Hound in Carrolton was a good place. Nice access to 190 and back parking lot has plenty of room to spread out, and do doughnuts if appropriate. This Saturday coming up is the 2nd one for the month. We could tie into the SVT Texas Chapter meeting and have a GTG afterwards.

yes, i agree... it was a little too crowded.
we also need ample parking to get all of our cars together :)

Bingo13

Established Member
i'm free this weekend :thumbsup:
so, count on me for anything! :beer:

I posted your statements on a couple of single boards locally. I was polictically correct in my choice of boards so you will have a wide array of interest in your statements. ;-) :thumbsup:

Have you ordered the parts yet????

James Baldwin

Established Member
If I may ask... Where do you all usually go for performance parts and accessories (in the DFW area)?

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
Dallas Mustang has a good stockpile of mustang parts. Some of the speed shops like Speedworks in Lewisville or Ron Short can get items. Or go mail order and save the tax and just pay for the freight. Come to the SVT Texas chapter meeting this saturday and your get plenty of advice and sources for parts and shops to use.

Originally posted by James Baldwin
If I may ask... Where do you all usually go for performance parts and accessories (in the DFW area)?

coleman

Established Member
i don't think i've purchased a single performance part locally bar plugs, oil, etc...

i just don't trust any local shops to know my car as well as i -- and that is a sad statement!

the only thing i do is pay shops around town to do work on my car that i'm not comfortable with -- and that is sad but true as well.

dyno, oil changes, pulley installs, KB install :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread