DFW GTG group interest in driving to join in a Houston GTG

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
It is only a 4 hour drive to Houston, anyone interested in a caravan drive to Houston on April 19th to join in a Houston GTG?
Coleman, If we get a group willing to go, your more than welcome to drive with me and share the driving too.

Here is the details and pointer to the thread.
Date: April 19
time: 3:00 (tentative time)
place: Chuy's (on Richmond)...parking could be an issue here, but if we get there early and eat around 3:30 or 4:00, it shouldn't be a problem.
(other places i had in mind were Dave & Busters, Fuddruckers @ beltway 8 and I-10 west, and Jillian's @ I-10 and 610...both D&B and Jillian's would be fun b/c we could play games and stuff after we eat...or drive to Malibu and play putt putt and drive the carts.) opinions/suggestions welcome.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...hreadid=32802&perpage=25&pagenumber=6#newpost

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
I just knew you were gonna take this bait T-Rex!

3 hours from Austin too.....

:)

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Hey! Stop being stingy:). Make the Houston guys come to YOU. That way the 4 03's I know of here in Arkansas can meet up too. It's only 4 hours to Dallas from here:burnout:

Last edited:

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
Consider that this would lead to a recurring event if it turns out positive. This time we all can take a drive to Houston, next time it can be another major place in either Austin, San Antonio, Dallas Fort Worth.

I was just priming the group in DFW and getting some to have an interest in driving to Houston. I always could use an excuse to take a long drive in my Cobra and in a group it would be more fun.

The hosting GTG location would make arrangements for a location that can work a big group of cars. Reciprocate on the next one, hosting GTG location can work arrangements for the meeting location.

If we can make enough noise from a Texas area GTG group bringing in a big broup of SVT cars, we may get the attention of SVTOA and get them to organize an SVTOA ON-TRACK event like we had at Texas Motor Speedway last September. There were about 125 SVT vehicles at the last event and I am dissapointed that they don't have another one scheduled in Texas at this time.

Lets all scream loud enough and get SVTOA to make it happen.

Users who are viewing this thread