DHGTerminator's 2nd *Seller Problem* Thread: d4a3m2o1n

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
Update:

Tracking number finally updated in the computer system of UPS and is confirmed that the unit was sent out today. Not 2-3 days ago like the seller had said it was. He asked me on the phone today "Did you get it in, how do you like it?" - yet he hadn't even shipped it out. That's the kind of fishiness that caused me to start this thread...

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
Update:

Tracking number finally updated in the computer system of UPS and is confirmed that the unit was sent out today. Not 2-3 days ago like the seller had said it was. He asked me on the phone today "Did you get it in, how do you like it?" - yet he hadn't even shipped it out. That's the kind of fishiness that caused me to start this thread...

Tracking numbers usually don't instantly show up like magic FYI. I've sold thousands of items online and most of the time the buyer gets the item before the tracking info even shows up.

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
Tracking numbers usually don't instantly show up like magic FYI. I've sold thousands of items online and most of the time the buyer gets the item before the tracking info even shows up.

I could see that being the case with overnight stuff, but I've never had an instance where a tracking number doesn't show up before the item gets there. Pretty well a few minutes after an item is scanned into UPS's system they can track it, otherwise what's the point? Granted, it takes a few minutes for the website to update, but it always shows up. And generally it will still show you what day the order was processed.

United States 07/15/2011 6:28 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I'm not sure how the tracking system works in terms of if I track it if it uses my time or his, but regardless, this happened within an hour or so of me actually threatening him with a dispute. THEN he sent the tracking number. I only got it today, not 2-3 days ago like he promised when he said he would ship it out the same day. I gave him the benefit of the doubt TWICE and still didn't receive a tracking number, that's more then generous.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Stop buying shit on forums. I read most of the texts and, IMO, you come off like a complete douche.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
I could see that being the case with overnight stuff, but I've never had an instance where a tracking number doesn't show up before the item gets there. Pretty well a few minutes after an item is scanned into UPS's system they can track it, otherwise what's the point? Granted, it takes a few minutes for the website to update, but it always shows up. And generally it will still show you what day the order was processed.

United States 07/15/2011 6:28 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I'm not sure how the tracking system works in terms of if I track it if it uses my time or his, but regardless, this happened within an hour or so of me actually threatening him with a dispute. THEN he sent the tracking number. I only got it today, not 2-3 days ago like he promised when he said he would ship it out the same day. I gave him the benefit of the doubt TWICE and still didn't receive a tracking number, that's more then generous.

You have no clue what you're talking about genius 21 year old, but I understand that the seller did screw you around a little.

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
Stop buying shit on forums. I read most of the texts and, IMO, you come off like a complete douche.

Try driving 10 hours to see a '12k mileage cobra motor' that is not at all what the pictures looked like, and ends up being a 50k cobra motor with damaged parts needed for the conversion (because gas is cheap and all, especially for a 20 hr round trip), followed by receiving a Kenne Bell 2.2 with damage from a crappy seller that you paid 2500 bucks for, and see how much tolerance you have for people just trying to make a quick buck at your expense. I'd rather be direct and make my expectations clear and have a potential scammer go elsewhere because of it than to be made a fool out of.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I've ordered from a place before and the package didn't show up in the UPS system until it was on my doorstep 3 days later. It's unusual, but it does happen.

Last edited:

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
You have no clue what you're talking about genius 21 year old, but I understand that the seller did screw you around a little.

I've sold tons of stuff. I always ship through a UPS store, maybe that makes a difference rather than printing a label at home. But I can typically can check the number around 4 (pick up time here) or the next day if it's after 4 and it will be in the system that it is at least checked in. Now, USPS is a different story, their dates never seem to be right, but UPS is pretty rock solid for me, and always has been, maybe there's exceptions to that, just never that i've experienced.

I've ordered from a place before and the package didn't show up in the UPS system until it was on my doorstep 3 days later. It's unusual, but it does happen.

Never had this happen. Good thing it showed up none the less! :beer:

Blueline

Established Member
Since Im the one who contacted DHG I should chime in here. I sent DHG a PM today. I payed the seller, through paypal on July 4th. for the car cover. This was after about 3 days of going back and forth. Seller's family lives about 20 min from me. He said he now lives in MD, but if I payed him immediately, his girlfriend would bring it to me since she was coming back to NJ that day. I didnt pay him because he wanted me to do a bank wire transfer, because his paypal was screwed up from a dispute he was having. So a few days went by and he said his paypal was back up. I sent him the payment because he said he would ship it out the next morning before work, this was 07/04. I said thats fine, about 3 days went by I should have seen the cover by then, MD to NJ. I ask him for a tracking number so I could see where the hold up was. He tells me he lost the tracking number, but assures me he shipped it and I should see it any day. One week later, still nothing. I tell him he must have never shipped it out, he says it was shipped to his parents house because UPS could not read my address, really? When you ship something at a UPS store they enter the address in front of you and print out a label and place it on the box. So, I knew he didnt ship it. I said look, just keep your cover and refund me my money. He says, man its not like its alot of money ill refund your money but im broke. He says, give me till Sat, 07/16 to refund the money, im broke and just payed the rent. I say ok, if your broke you have till sat. The next morning I see he sold the cover to DHG. I text him and say, ok since you sold the cover to another member, can you please refund me my money now.. he says no the deal was for sat. I said look, just refund my money and we will go about our business. Finally he refunds my money. I say ok great, this morning I get an email from paypal that says the refund was declined by his bank for insuffcient funds. I put in a dispute with paypal. SO I send DHG a PM advising what happened to me and told him to make sure he gets at least a tracking number for the purchase.

After reading these texts though, looks like DHG had a funny feeling before I even contacted him. I wasnt even going to post anything on the forums figuring he forgot or whatever and was going to be a stand up guy and refund my money. But after I got that response from paypal, I had to follow through with a dispute.

I have yet to receive a refund from Damon. I have been on the corral forever and here for a short time. But, I have dealt with so many cools guys on here with smooth transactions, I was just trying to let DHG and other members know what happened.. I mean thats the reason we have trader feedback right? I was just giving him the heads up so he didnt have to go through what I went through. I hope Damon does the right thing and refunds my money, sent the cover out and the sends out the parts to the other member who has been waiting 3 weeks on here.

Thats what happened.......

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
thank god i can afford to buy new stuff. all the bitching and bickering over $100 savings to buy a 'sight-unseen' used item. not worth it at all. lesson learned.

and dude, pick up your phone.

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
thank god i can afford to buy new stuff. all the bitching and bickering over $100 savings to buy a 'sight-unseen' used item. not worth it at all. lesson learned.

and dude, pick up your phone.

:thumbsup: Signing a lease for my new place was more important at the time :D

crew_dawg16

Established Member
What I don't understand is that you wouldn't even give him a chance to explain himself in a real conversation. I agree that the whole situation is fishy, but things happen sometimes.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
While the situation seemed bad from the beginning......... why didn't you just call and speak with the guy? When he couldn't get you pics of the cover, I would have ended the transaction.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Why isn't this in SD? I'm sure the cover will never show up and Blueline will never receive his money back. I only trade with people that have been here for awhile, have a reputation to maintain, and are not in a serious money situation. ;-)

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
While the situation seemed bad from the beginning......... why didn't you just call and speak with the guy? When he couldn't get you pics of the cover, I would have ended the transaction.

I did. Then after uncovering that he was lying to me, I had no reason to talk to him, plus as I said I was in the middle of signing a lease.

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
I plan on not letting the paypal dispute go until I verify the shipped item is not a rock. If you look at the Seller's feedback, is this wrong of me. I'm sorry if I come off as a dick in text messages, I usually just do it to ward off potential scammers, as they'll usually only find a way to cut out if you know they'll deal with them provided they attempt to scam you. So anyway, here's a warning thread for this seller, who also just text me that he's "Leaving SVTP and deleting his username, so he didn't care" that I was going to make a thread to warn people to watch out for his strange practices. I hope the cover comes in as listed, or I will definitely be continuing this thread much further, i'm sick of younger people ruining these kinds of forums for us early 20 year olds that ARE responsible for our words and money, and would not monkey around with people for a quick buck because we're not irresponsible with money.

Cheers SVTP! :beer:

Dakota

Thanks for posting this OP, ill make sure to never do business with you.

Last edited:

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
Thanks for posting this OP, ill make sure to never do business with you.

Okay? :shrug:

I've done business with plenty of members on this board with good reputations and feedback, and have never done anyone wrong. Sorry for trying to warn you about a potential scam that very well may have continued if I didn't opt to take care of it myself.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Update:

with that initial coversation there is no way in hell I would have bought anything from the guy.

Users who are viewing this thread