Diablo Predator Price!

2003 Silver

Banned
I bought mine for $350 included shipping from Mustang Racing Technologies. They listed it @ $370.....but I haggled them down.

BLU-BLZ 03SNAKE

Built Up Tension!
Established Member
got mine at RPM Outlet for $375 to my door and it comes with a Free 170 degree thermostat and also has free shipping.
Jay.

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
do predators come w/ a tune for 2.93 & 2.80 pulley in it already or would we have to get that as an option and who custom tunes these predators?? just curious and by the way 325 been the lowest also.

vetkilr

When 600rwhp isnt enough.
Established Member
You can get predator for that cheap but they are cannd tunes.

For a custom tuned one your looking at 420.00 at most places.

PM sent 04gambit.

pm sent mr freeze also.

Fuerza

Established Member
Originally posted by Mr. Freeze
do predators come w/ a tune for 2.93 & 2.80 pulley in it already or would we have to get that as an option and who custom tunes these predators?? just curious and by the way 325 been the lowest also.

ANSWER:

The pulley tune is for 4 - 6#'s of boost.

Thank you for your interest in DiabloSport!
Stay tuned,
Chris, a proud member of the DiabloSport Support Team

-That is the answer diablosport gave me when I emailed them with the same question.

Adrian

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
I have one for 325.00. The units come with a couple of generic tunes for stock vehicles and vehicles with a 2.93 pully. Slap on a billetflow pully and press a couple of buttons and your good to go.

ALA G8R

Banned
Pay a little more than bargain basement and get service after the sale and custom tune support, IMO. The canned pulley tunes are conservative and don't provide the maximum possible power. Get a custom tune and maximize your power while remaining safe.

RWTD gets my vote.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Like been already said if you get one get it where they can supply custom tunes, the generic tune may be lean low and rich on top. You can also pay some $ to get it dyno tuned or custom tuned if you have a wb o2 monitor or access to one. I tryed to get my tune better via wb o2 still a roller coaster but better. I got a hold of rwtd where I bought it, sent him the info, 1st tune very close, 2nd was flatline 11.8 ~11.9, 2.5k to 6.5k and I got the stall fix too, no speed limiter etc. Like I said you can get him or others ar racing etc. to supply a custom tune, I think it is around 50.00 don't quote me though mine cost 0.00 cause thats where I got it org.

Last edited:

ALA G8R

Banned
Here is the A/F I got with RWTD's custom tune support.

293-276.jpg

03Red10th

Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
I'll sell you mine for $250. It's stock without the custom tune. I used it once and decided to go with a chip. It's unmarried from my car and in "like new" condition.

I'm out of town on business and will be returning home on 3 Sept. If your interested and willing to wait. Let me know.

Mike

04gambitcobra

Established Member
so im alittle confused,
the $325 canned kit, you cannot reprogram a new tune on them?
and if you buy the $350+ kits you can have the tunes done by any dyno shop?

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
Originally posted by 04gambitcobra
so im alittle confused,
the $325 canned kit, you cannot reprogram a new tune on them?
and if you buy the $350+ kits you can have the tunes done by any dyno shop?

There are 2 versions of the predator out there. The original version and updated R12 version. You can make adjustments in the tune but are limited to certain capabilities. The R12 version is much better and lets you make more detailed adjustments. I had the original version and the tune sucked some serious hairy balls. It ran 13:1 in the midrange and 11:1 in the upper range. I ended up getting a custom dyno tune after major headaches.

My suggestion is to make sure you have the R12 version (you will probably get from a new vendor) and get a dyno tune to fine tweak it. You are going to have to take the car to a dyno anyways. Get it all done at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread