Diablo Sport Chip

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Just curious if anyone with a 99+ Cobra bought one of these chips

http://www.DiabloSport.com

And if so, did it give you the 22 FP of Torque like it says?

Are these chips even worth it? I mean, I'd rather do some sort of bigger MAF or something. Can anyone suggest how I can add 30 or so HP (or 50 or so Ft/Lbs of torque) without opening the engine? (e.g. bolt-on's, chips, etc) and without NOS or Turbo or Supercharger?

-------------------------------------------------
2001 Performance Red (Ticket) Coupe
K&N, Silencer Delete
New Engine ALREADY!

kwiksnake

Established Member
I was wondering the same thing. I don't know which chip to buy, they all claim some pretty high numbers for just a chip, especially since we already run on high octane gas and have higher comp. ratio's than most.

1KNGVPR

chip

I was told that the chip would not help that much with the 99 and newer snakes. I would like to put a chip in mine, but like i said i was told you would not pick up any more HP.

icehoc8

Established Member
I put a JET PERFORMANCE chip in my 99 snake and did not feel any more power or quicker throttle response. But yet again I am not sure if all the silicon goo was cleaned off. I wanted to know if anybody with a Pro-M 87mm MAS gain anything from it? I bought one and it gave me idle problems, it bogged and skipped rpms under hard throttle acceleration, and last but not least it made my snake feel slower. Any with similar problems? Thanks

REDLYNE

Established Member
there ARE good chips out there...

Icehoc8- see your other post in regards to the MAF question.

Icehoc8/1KNGVPR- Your results are very dis-heartening. I suggest looking into JMS tuned Autologic chips. Both have resulted in an increase of 8-15 RWHP on various 99+ cobras on other boards. An 8 RWHP increase is the lowest I have seen, and 15 RWHP is the highest. The majority seem to fall in the middle, at around 10 RWHP.

Advancing the igintion timing (which a chip does) is supposed to be good for 6-8rwhp alone....let alone the benefits of calibrating yoru chip to your specific intake, exhaust, and gearing.

Check out:
http://www.jmschip.com/

Users who are viewing this thread