Diablo Sport Programers, Are the tunes on them worth anything

finchstang2003

Established Member
Hey all,

I am considering buying an Diablo Sport Tuner from another member on here and was wondering if anyone has actually ever used the 2.8 pulley tune on it. I already have the pulley and the 100mm idler. Just wanted to know if I should just wait to do the swap and take it to a local tuner. The only reason to consider this is the price of the tuner verses taking it to get dyno tuned, but I do plan on a Posi Port next year as I have a spare blower I acquired when I bought a Mach 1. The only mods to my car currently are a JLT RAI, ORX, and a Magnaflow exhaust.

Thank you all in advance for your input.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Why not just sit back and let us do all the work..

SCT 03-04 Cobra X3 Handheld Flash Device (Custom Tuned) [SCT-3000-0304COB] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

LP-JLCUSTOMTUNE-GT500_MED.jpg

It'll compensate for all of your mods, unless you go with an aftermarket blower. You have a pretty basic set up as well, Lund's tune for a pullied cobra seem to net some satisfied owners.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Thanks

John

johnjon87

Established Member

Blueline

Established Member
If you have a reputable tuner in your area, call him and see what he tunes with. Chances are its SCT, but some tune with Diablosport. Nothing beats a tuning session where the tuner is there and making changes as he sees fit right on the dyno. Your choice though. I would think SCT is a little more popular and widely used.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
i can tell you that before getting my current tune (which is thru BAMA and SCT), i was running dablosport's performance pulley tune on my car, with similar mods (JLT RAI, 2.8 upper, steeda cat-back, and tune). i DID take the tune to a dyno, to have the AFR checked, and their tune was lean as hell! the dyno guy didnt want to make another pull with that tune, because of that. luckily i had my SCT Xcal 2 with me as well, which has the BAMA tune (i had got the tune that day from BAMA). installed their tune and hit AFR of 11.7 with no further adjustments needed, and been running their tune every since.

that was MY experience with diablosports canned pulley tune.

finchstang2003

Established Member
Thanks all, it seems like I should just be patient and take it to be dyno tuned. The tuner I am going to use generally uses sniper and I don't have to buy anything but the tune. He tuned my last cobra and pulled out almost 40rwhp out of the set that was already on the car, but I did add an 100 mm idler so I am sure that eliminated previous belt slip. Anyway my car does not see the drag strip much so multiple tunes don't do much for me anyway. I have the itch for more boost but it can wait.

cobra21987

Established Member
yea them sent tunes for you too download are crap and a waste of money cause your not getting the full potential of your car

Users who are viewing this thread