Diablo tuner?

acrbill

Established Member
Does anyone here have a Diablo tuner? I currently have a SCT but I have had an issue where it bricked and I waited on hold with SCT for an hour before they were able to send me a file that fixed it. I have also heard several stories where it bricked peoples ECU and they had to spend big money getting a new one. I just spent a half hour updating my SCT. It seems to need updating every time I get a new tune and I live in fear for that half hour and then the time it is uploading the tune to the ECU. I keep having visions of being without my car because it happened on a weekend when SCT was not in the office or writing a $800 check to Ford for a new ECU.

Diablo is very well known, I had a Diablo Sport a previous car and it worked well.
I am just trying to get a feel if it has the same success for our car since I have not heard about it much.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Does anyone here have a Diablo tuner? I currently have a SCT but I have had an issue where it bricked and I waited on hold with SCT for an hour before they were able to send me a file that fixed it. I have also heard several stories where it bricked peoples ECU and they had to spend big money getting a new one. I just spent a half hour updating my SCT. It seems to need updating every time I get a new tune and I live in fear for that half hour and then the time it is uploading the tune to the ECU. I keep having visions of being without my car because it happened on a weekend when SCT was not in the office or writing a $800 check to Ford for a new ECU.

Diablo is very well known, I had a Diablo Sport a previous car and it worked well.
I am just trying to get a feel if it has the same success for our car since I have not heard about it much.

There may be a few but most will use SCT Xcal. If you choose a reputable tuner, you should not have any issue.

Users who are viewing this thread