Diablosport Tuner

Zevox

Established Member
I didn't want to go all necromancer and resurrect a long dead thread that's 25 pages long so...

Since the inTune has been out for a good while now can anyone 100% confirm that the Diablo doesn't leave a trace for the Ford dealer to see and void your warranty? I'm ready to step up from my FRPP tune and actually get to modding my car. I've got experience with Diablo from all of my other vehicles so I know it's a good product. Plus I didn't really want an SCT because of how SLOW those things upload tunes. I've seen two friends swap tunes in their car and man is an SCT slow at loading in tunes.

I'm kind of upset at myself if a Diablo tuner has proven to be safe for warranty concerns because I sold my Trinity to get the FRPP tuner. :kaboom:

jp1seattle

Established Member
You'll never get an 100% assurance on that one. I toyed with the idea (and an Intune) before selling it, going SCT for the tune options and never looking back.

5.0jake

Established Member
I didn't want to go all necromancer and resurrect a long dead thread that's 25 pages long so...

Since the inTune has been out for a good while now can anyone 100% confirm that the Diablo doesn't leave a trace for the Ford dealer to see and void your warranty? I'm ready to step up from my FRPP tune and actually get to modding my car. I've got experience with Diablo from all of my other vehicles so I know it's a good product. Plus I didn't really want an SCT because of how SLOW those things upload tunes. I've seen two friends swap tunes in their car and man is an SCT slow at loading in tunes.

I'm kind of upset at myself if a Diablo tuner has proven to be safe for warranty concerns because I sold my Trinity to get the FRPP tuner. :kaboom:
My experience with the FRPP "tune" was negative. My car pinged like crazy and actually felt stronger when I went back to stock.

According to what Dan Diablosport has stated on many forums(keep in mind Diablo is trying to market their product of course)...

1. Reset your Key Cycles, Going back to stock is NOT the same as removing the battery, it's just the excuse people think they will use at the dealership if they have issues. Since you won't have issues, you won't need to use this excuse.
2. Leave a footprint or watermark in the PCM
3. Change the PCM Part number after a flash.
warrant denied

In other words, the dealership is NOT going to be able to tell you tuned your vehicle with a tuner.

Ive personally never read any reports of a warranty being denied while utilizing the Intune tuner.

Not a stang but here is an encouraging thread:
Diablo sport help asap - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

JPC is the only tuner I know of that will tune with the Intune. They are very good but I haven't heard much about their email tuning. I heard the Diablo canned tune pings...

Last edited:

Zevox

Established Member
I can smell that my car is running rich on the FRPP tune which is why I'm okay with getting away from it. There is a tuner pretty close that does CMR tuning and everyone uses him, though they are all on SCT tunes.

I'll keep doing some digging on the Diablo and see if i can find anything more out. Thanks for the responses everyone and if anyone else has something to add please do.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Nobdy was ever able to confirm it, because they would need access to a Ford engineer in order to diagnose the PCM past the dealer level.

There is a reason the inTune isn't really mentioned much around here anymore, nor is Diablosport around much anymore. I initially bought an inTune from JPC, tested the canned tune versus stock tune on my stock 5.0, and witnessed a whopping 10 peak hp and 7 peak tq over stock, no real marginal gains throughout the curve either. I sold the inTune to a guy with a powerstroke, and bought an SCT.

5.0jake

Established Member
Nobdy was ever able to confirm it, because they would need access to a Ford engineer in order to diagnose the PCM past the dealer level.

There is a reason the inTune isn't really mentioned much around here anymore, nor is Diablosport around much anymore. I initially bought an inTune from JPC, tested the canned tune versus stock tune on my stock 5.0, and witnessed a whopping 10 peak hp and 7 peak tq over stock, no real marginal gains throughout the curve either. I sold the inTune to a guy with a powerstroke, and bought an SCT.

I don't think it's the Intune's fault that the Diablo canned tune sucked...
Why didn't you try JPC while you had the Intune?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I don't think it's the Intune's fault that the Diablo canned tune sucked...
Why didn't you try JPC while you had the Intune?
Didn't have the funds to get a custom tune at the same time. I sold the inTune to fund some vet bills for the puppy.

Zevox

Established Member
Ouch that's a low gain... just out of curiosity what does an SCT canned tune gain on average?

Since it isn't anymore expensive I figured I would get it from American Muscle since it comes with free Bama tunes so it would be better than just a canned tune.

5.0jake

Established Member
Ouch that's a low gain... just out of curiosity what does an SCT canned tune gain on average?

Since it isn't anymore expensive I figured I would get it from American Muscle since it comes with free Bama tunes so it would be better than just a canned tune.
There should be no difference in performance gains with the Bama tune between the SCT and Intune tuning devices. It would be the same exact tune.

5.0jake

Established Member
Didn't have the funds to get a custom tune at the same time. I sold the inTune to fund some vet bills for the puppy.

Lol got you. But that is no reason to dog the Intune as it is only a tuning device.
Everyone knows canned tunes suck.
The biggest downfall with intune is most of the big time tuners (like AED, Steeda, Lund...) only tune with SCT.

DarkHorse5.0

Established Member
They only tune with SCT because it works. I believe they don't tune on diablosport programming for a reason. I don't have an factual knowledge of that it's just how I view things. 99% of the big tuners use SCT....why stray from the pack?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
They only tune with SCT because it works. I believe they don't tune on diablosport programming for a reason. I don't have an factual knowledge of that it's just how I view things. 99% of the big tuners use SCT....why stray from the pack?

it used to be the opposite, everyone it seemed tuned with Diablo years ago...SCT chipped away at the market and now seems to be the 800lb gorilla in the room...and you are right it seems, the big tuners have now vested themselves in SCT, so why would they stray?? I wonder where Diablo went wrong with the tuning community, at least in the Ford world...

5.0jake

Established Member

JPC (reputable mustang tuner) doesn't seem to have a problem with Diablo.

CorDog009

Established Member
My inTune with a custom tune is my favorite handheld so far. It loads fast, the small size is nice, and I like the touch screen.

CorDog009

Established Member
Although nobody really does the cam idle tune for the inTune, that's my only complaint. I might just sell mine and get a SCT so I can get the cam idle tune from Shaun at AED.

Users who are viewing this thread