Did my first autocross

G's Shelby

Established Member
Did my first autocross and boy was it fun. I got to run at least 25 laps and they got better consistently. I started running 42 sec laps and ended averaging 37 with a best of 36.664. The car held up great and so did my rear mpss. My car is completely stock 11 with svtpp. My stock suspension is awesome but I'm looking to upgrade. My friend has the full cortex on 13 gt but I don't want to spend that much. Alot of people on here like bmr but my friend said stick with cortex or griggs. My car only runs about 6000 miles a year do to my job. I'm only going to autocross and drag it maybe 3-4 times a year. If the parts make the ride harsh I'm ok with that as long as it handles better. I wroth like to keep up with some of the corvette guys that were running consistent 34.5 to 35 all day.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Any down or up shifting? Seems like you could probably just leave it in 2nd gear.

Black Sex

Established Member
Autocross is a blast. I only get to do it once a year. I would almost rather autocross than drag race but I do both with my car.

Speedboosted

Established Member
I'm not trying to start a war...Cortex and Griggs are both good companies. They make great parts that also cost a lot of money. As you already said that you don't want to spend that much, get BMR or talk to Vorshlag and get what you want from them. I would put a Vorshlag car or a BMR car up against any Griggs or Cortex car (excluding the SLA ones as that is a whole different ballgame).

Autocross is a lot of fun. People who call it parking lot racing are usually the people who haven't done it. Glad you had a good time! We're also BMR dealers if you have any questions, feel free to drop me a PM

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
I autocrossed once in my 08... let's just say it was a tire-shredding event. Car pushed badly in the turns, and I ended up steering by sliding the rear around to point the nose where I wanted to go. Brakes were sufficient. I was able to use 2nd and 3rd gear on one straightaway. It was a blast and I even embarrassed an M3 owner who obviously didn't know how to drive his car. The import guys got a kick out of watching me run and loved hearing the supercharger whine under full boost. I think you need to experience autocross, road course racing, and drag strip action to truly appreciate what an awesome and powerful car we have. I am amazed at what these cars can do given their 3800# weight.

Users who are viewing this thread