Did some one say Purge!!! ( pic )

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
DSC01424.jpg

One last time before I close it down for the winter months and plan on some new mods. This was taken at our local Street fight event on Thursday night.

I only ran the truck one time. It went a 12.67 @ 107 on a set of bald @ss Nitto Dr's I cut a 1.93 on them. I was running full weight and running a 75 shot on it as well. Next year things will change, like new rims and ET streets. More weight reduction and so on.
I should say this, It was about 50 degrees last night at the track. Damn, I was just wearing a T shirt and pants and froze me @ss off. Thats what I get for leaving the house is such a hurry....LOL.

Good times though, I had the whole family there, The wife, the in-laws, the brother-in-law and his wife and kid, not to mention other friends too...

Oh and this was there last night too.
DSC01580.jpg

The father in-law had it out last night too. Since it was his Birthday. We paid his way in to race. He drove it to a 13.83 @ 100mph. First time it ever went down the track. Then he let his son drive it and he didn't do so good. He drove it to a 15.15 @ 87mph. Then his wife drove it ( the one in the pic) She drove it to a 14.14 @ 93mph.

It was fun, The Season is now closed here in North East TN for Street fights. They get the track ready for Christmas time. The go all out with the decorating it with lights. It takes them about 1 1/2 months to get it all set up. So that's why they shut it down after the last Street fights.

Later, Jason..

Last edited:

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
Sweet. I was down your way last weekend. The fiance' and I got a cabin up in the mountains and did some shopping and lots of driving way back in the back roads like we did when we had the svtp meet down there. I totally forgot to even get a hold of you prior to coming down, otherwise we could have met up.

SADF

Established Member
What kind of hood is that? Looks cool and the purge, well, the purge speaks for itslef. BTW, I hate everything Dodge. I actually love the Challenger as well as its performance. If I was not die hard Ford I may actually say I think the SRT Challenger is better than the Shelby Mustang. Nah, lol. I do think Dodge has done a great job on all of its SRT cars. Like I said, I wouldnt be caught dead in a a Dodge, but if you are part of the Mopar faithful you have to be estatic at all of thing performance things Dodge has done in the last few years. Its crazy, here at Ford we are closing up shop on the performance division (see thread speaking of closing SVT webpage in the Gen 2 forum) and Dodge has no problem not only bringing out a performance division, but linking it to almost every model Dodge has to offer, even the Chrysler brand (i.e. SRT6 Crossfire and SRT8 300C.) Ford barely coughed its performance division at its "upscale" brand Mercury. As much as I love the Marauder, it has 50 hp less than just the Chrysler 300 R/T and don't even get me started vs. the SRT8 model. The least they could have done is put an SVT badge on it as I always thought that was cool using the performance name from the base brand on all models (i.e. Lincoln, Mercury, Ford). Sorry for the waaay off subject rant (hey, I complimented your truck... its sick!) I just have to speak things when they hit me. How cool it would have been to SVT on almost all models Ford has to offer like Chrylser/Dodge has done. Also, a little more on subject, but not a whole lot- I really wish the dragstrips in Georgia would be open to the public on different nights instead of only on Friday and some Saturdays. You guys don't know how lucky you have it to be able get off a hard day at work and go get a speed fix. Its a consiracy to keep street racing alive and well. I wish for once I could not only race during the week, but at a good track as I hate Commerce/Atlanta Dragway. Its the only track I have ever been on and I know even if I went to Silver Dollar I would break 12's on the 22's.

Tazman1

Established Member
What kind of hood is that? Looks cool and the purge, well, the purge speaks for itslef. BTW, I hate everything Dodge. I actually love the Challenger as well as its performance. If I was not die hard Ford I may actually say I think the SRT Challenger is better than the Shelby Mustang. Nah, lol. I do think Dodge has done a great job on all of its SRT cars. Like I said, I wouldnt be caught dead in a a Dodge, but if you are part of the Mopar faithful you have to be estatic at all of thing performance things Dodge has done in the last few years. Its crazy, here at Ford we are closing up shop on the performance division (see thread speaking of closing SVT webpage in the Gen 2 forum) and Dodge has no problem not only bringing out a performance division, but linking it to almost every model Dodge has to offer, even the Chrysler brand (i.e. SRT6 Crossfire and SRT8 300C.) Ford barely coughed its performance division at its "upscale" brand Mercury. As much as I love the Marauder, it has 50 hp less than just the Chrysler 300 R/T and don't even get me started vs. the SRT8 model. The least they could have done is put an SVT badge on it as I always thought that was cool using the performance name from the base brand on all models (i.e. Lincoln, Mercury, Ford). Sorry for the waaay off subject rant (hey, I complimented your truck... its sick!) I just have to speak things when they hit me. How cool it would have been to SVT on almost all models Ford has to offer like Chrylser/Dodge has done. Also, a little more on subject, but not a whole lot- I really wish the dragstrips in Georgia would be open to the public on different nights instead of only on Friday and some Saturdays. You guys don't know how lucky you have it to be able get off a hard day at work and go get a speed fix. Its a consiracy to keep street racing alive and well. I wish for once I could not only race during the week, but at a good track as I hate Commerce/Atlanta Dragway. Its the only track I have ever been on and I know even if I went to Silver Dollar I would break 12's on the 22's.

Its a Reflexxion hood ( Keystone) hood.
I hear ya on the whole Dodge thing. My wife and I are actually thinking about buying the 09 challenger when they are come out. We want the 6 speed Lime green challenger with the track pack. Its just for a collection point of view. So the whole family gets drive one. Not saying I'll give my FORD'S up. Just want something else to play with. Oh not to mention that the Orange one is half my wifes and mine. Since how its really, more or less our car in the long run.. Like its her inheritance that just took place so we don't have to pay taxes on it. Nice way of saying screw you to the Government...

Tazman1

Established Member
Thanks for the update. My female is now in her first Heat and she is being quite the Little Biatch....

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
What purges are those, curious since I run a 75 shot also..

I need a new one. Mine doesnt even atomize anymore, just makes the noise, but no mist...

Tazman1

Established Member
What purges are those, curious since I run a 75 shot also..

I need a new one. Mine doesnt even atomize anymore, just makes the noise, but no mist...

Mine is a just a NX purge setup with a T in the line and two lines on either side of the Windshield.
Left side of wind shield
NXsetupOntheL013.jpg

Right side of wind shield
NXsetupOntheL014.jpg

Its a hard stainless steel line to the T fitting. Nothing special either.

Tazman1

Established Member
Here is another shot while the wife lets the juice out for last time.
DSC01422.jpg

Last edited:

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
how much did the 75 shot help you.

For me a NX 75 Wet shot took me from a best of 12.01 to 11.5 in the 1/4.

So it helped a ton!!!!

Thanks man, I have the NX purge too. but damn mine doesnt mist at all anymore. Love the setup you have, looks killer.

Users who are viewing this thread