Did some underhood changes on The Bitch

snakecharmer

Established Member
Just got her back from having some updates done. I had the intake powder-coated, custom-cut plug wires to help tidy-up the wiring mess, pulled out the wiring harness for the MSD that was no longer needed, a new custom over-flow tank :), and some redoing of existing wiring harnesses to make it neater. I've got chrome valve-cover bolts coming in a few weeks as well. I had added the strut tower piece earlier, which is also a custom unit based loosely on a 99 STB with the 96-98 cross-brace.

And while the intake was off I spent a couple of hours with some polish, rags, and a toothbrush cleaning up things you can't normally get to. :) The pictures don't really reflect how much cleaner it is, but it is. Gotta make sure she does not get rained on for a while.

DSCN4048s.gif

DSCN4049s.gif

DSCN4045s.gif

DSCN4046s.gif

DSCN4047s.gif

98cobraRx

98 Chrome Yellow
Established Member
Looks great man. I see you did a C-head swap. I will be doing the same thing this coming winter on my 98. If I pm you do you mind helping me out with tips and lessons learned?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Looks awesome Eric, that thing is spotless.

Do you have a C-head swap? I didn't even notice the '99 intake before.

snakecharmer

Established Member
Yep. Other than the A/C, power-steering pump, and the wiring, there's not a single part from a 97 DOHC left under the hood. The heads are 04 Cobra (revised ones), with a mild port job. 99 Teksid block, Mach I cams, 01 Cobra Intake, and a bastardized 03/04 Cobra Hellion kit. Just ask, Jason, he'll tell you just what a red-headed bastard step child my car can be, and why she EARNED her name, The BITCH. :)

cobrkilrl

Established Member
That is one beautiful engine bay. You can always tell who keeps and appreciates their cobra's the most by the way the keep their engine bay. I would believe your snake looks just as good on the outside and inside as your engine does.

Users who are viewing this thread