Did you order the "Shelby" car cover?

13Shelby

Established Member
Did anyone order a "Shelby" cover with their new car? Did it come with the car or did you have to go through some other FoMoCo source to get it? No one at the dealership seems to know where it is or how I can get it. I called Ford Cust Svc and they referred me back to the dealership :shrug: Any ideas ??

flyby763

Established Member
My dealership was clueless too. It comes into the parts department. After a month of going back and forth with them I went to the dept myself and picked it up. The postage date was a week before the car got there, so they had it the whole time.

Habbro

Noob
Established Member
My dealer put it in the trunk. I find it surprising that a dealer doesn't know how to "find it." I completely forgot about it and once I got home I found a little surprise along with locking lug nuts when the trunk was opened.

peteypab2133

Established Member
no... Might pick one up later, but I was always under the understanding that they scratch up cars...

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
I have been using a CCC on my old Shelby for 17 years with no scratching, I got the felt style for the inside.

5.0 guy

Established Member
I've had an insulated Car Craft on my 03 since new and the Shelby cover on my 08 since new also. The car craft is heavier for out doors and the Shelby one is more light weight for indoor covering or outside when it's not to windy. I like both of them. The Shelby is nice quality with the snake on front and shelby written across the back.

nix5o

Established Member
My car didn't come with one, I called Steve at Tousley and can hook you up with one if you want it.

Blown10thCobra

Established Member
Ordered one with ours simply to have it with the car, took it out to put it on, it never touched the car once we saw it. The inside isn't lined at all. No way in hell that thing is going on ours! We'll be ordering a nice cover before winter to keep the dust off.

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
Ordered one with ours simply to have it with the car, took it out to put it on, it never touched the car once we saw it. The inside isn't lined at all. No way in hell that thing is going on ours! We'll be ordering a nice cover before winter to keep the dust off.

Yep, I figured that out with past shelby's...so I didn't want to waste $375 again. For the same price you can get a Cal Cover or one from Shelby that is as soft as silk (practically).

Users who are viewing this thread