Didnt pass inspection- need help

white04mach1

Established Member
Recently installed headers and catted x pipe. 2 weeks after, the engine light came on. Took it backt o the shop and the cleared the computer and re-set some monitors. I was told it should pass inspection.

The 2 monitors that failed on the inspection print out were:
1. Catalyst
This doesnt make sense because I have two high flow cats on my car-the car is tuned with SCT x3...is it possible to go in the tuner and turn the monitor back on myself (if it was disabled by the shop).

2. EGR
Kooks headers do not have a hook up for EGR so we did an EGR delete to the computer

Can anyone help? I have 15 days to take it back

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
So, the two rear O2's have been turned off in the x3?

Did you fail the EGR for inspection or emissions?

How do they do emissions? Sniffer or OBDII?

EVO-lution

Established Member
How do they do emissions? Sniffer or OBDII?

+1...if they're doing the sniffer it won't pass. OBDII should pass with no CEL. But if they just reset it and clear the code it still won't pass. turn the rear
O2's off completely. I have an O/R X and the MILS kept my CEL off and it passes with no problems.

marc813

Mach Won
Established Member
one good thing about florida. no inspections here. with the rear o2s off you should pass that part. not sure on the egr. hope you get it figured out

white04mach1

Established Member
apparently the tuner disabled the catalyst monitor. he said the kooks cats flow so well that it might throw a code if he enabled the monitor. so he ended up making it to where the computer doesnt support it to where it will show up as N/A on the inspection report.

my a/c and a few other things show N/A on the report as well.

The EGR is deleted from the computer because the Kooks headers dont even have a hook up for the EGR tube. He went into the computer and put it as not available also.

I will find out tomorrow if it works.

Thanks for the inputs

EVO-lution

Established Member
if you know the person doing the inspection then he should just pass it. thats what a buddy of mine does. just hooks it up and it passes within 10min.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
apparently the tuner disabled the catalyst monitor. he said the kooks cats flow so well that it might throw a code if he enabled the monitor. so he ended up making it to where the computer doesnt support it to where it will show up as N/A on the inspection report.

my a/c and a few other things show N/A on the report as well.

The EGR is deleted from the computer because the Kooks headers dont even have a hook up for the EGR tube. He went into the computer and put it as not available also.

I will find out tomorrow if it works.

Thanks for the inputs

Did you get your car passed through emissions?

Users who are viewing this thread