Died with honor: 99 Terminated cobro vs 13 KB GT500

RubberDuck

You even lift?
Established Member
So I really need to get a go pro, I know ...

Raced a 2013 GT500 with a Kenne Bell mammoth blower last saturday. I had no illusions of winning, it was fun and wanted to see how I would do against it.

1st race. We slow down to about 20, he honks it off and we go. I spin a little, he spins like hell and I manage to jump out in front and we shut down around 70

2nd race goes a little different ....With both our tires warmed up from the previous race, he honks it off again around 20. He immediately jumps out a car lenth and continues to pull at least 4 cars on me up until 100 ...lulz. Ive never seen a car pull that hard down low before, I never had a chance.

Super cool guy, hes a friend of a friend and he knew he would completely destroy me but he raced anyway. Hes making 760 at the wheels compared to my lousy 494whp. Definitely gives me motivation to get my TVS intalled and run some corn through it.

Last edited:

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
So I really need to get a go pro, I know ...

Raced a 2013 GT500 with a Kenne Bell mammoth blower last saturday. I had no illusions of winning, it was fun and wanted to see how I would do against it.

1st race. We slow down to about 20, he honks it off and we go. I spin a little, he spins like hell and I manage to jump out in front and we shut down around 70

2nd race goes a little different ....With both our tires warmed up from the previous race, he honks it off again around 20. He immediately jumps out a car lenth and continues to pull at least 4 cars on me up until 100 ...lulz. Ive never seen a car pull that hard down low before, I never had a chance.

Super cool guy, hes a friend of a friend and he knew he would completely destroy me but he raced anyway. Hes making 760 at the wheels compared to my lousy 494whp. Definitely gives me motivation to get my TVS intalled and run some corn through it.

760rwhp sounds very low for a kb new shelby ? are you sure its really a kb mamoth?, they make 850-900rwhp on a stock shelby with just blower swap pulley exaust away from 950-1000rwhp.

that being said my buddys 2013 shelby has stock blower, its pretty much stock just pulley intake headers/tune. still has stock catback and he dynoed 740rwhp. I have a hard time seeing a kb mamoth shelby making only 20 more rwhp then him...

Last edited:

RubberDuck

You even lift?
Established Member
760rwhp sounds very low for a kb new shelby ? are you sure its really a kb mamoth?, they make 850-900rwhp on a stock shelby with just blower swap pulley exaust away from 950-100rwhp.

that being said my buddys 2013 shelby has stock blower, its pretty much stock just pulley intake headers/tune. still has stock catback and he dynoed 740rwhp. I have a hard time seeing a kb mamoth shelby making only 20 more rwhp then him...

Ive only seen under his hood once before, I know its a Kenne Bell, and im pretty sure I remember seeing "mammoth" on the blower. I could be wrong though...

99SSls1

Established Member
760rwhp sounds very low for a kb new shelby ? are you sure its really a kb mamoth?, they make 850-900rwhp on a stock shelby with just blower swap pulley exaust away from 950-100rwhp.

God I wish you were right and a car with pulley, headers and tune is not pretty much stock.

Joewee500

Established Member
760whp is about right for a 2.8-3.6 kenne bell. I'm sure 800s on race gas or e85 happens but it's not commonplace. I still would expect more than 4 cars with that much hp difference. Nice death.

RubberDuck

You even lift?
Established Member
760whp is about right for a 2.8-3.6 kenne bell. I'm sure 800s on race gas or e85 happens but it's not commonplace. I still would expect more than 4 cars with that much hp difference. Nice death.

4 cars is a very rough estimate ...He pulled like a god damn freight train on me, lets put it that way haha.

Users who are viewing this thread