Diesel Performance

gyacopetti

Super Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
My dad has an 02 f250 with the 7.3L engine. He gets about 14 mpg right now and gets only 15-16 mpg on the freeway. What would be the best way to increase the mileage? I was thinking exhaust but dont really know which type or what we should expect to pay. Any help would be great. :banana:

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
Banks exhaust, chip and air intake. He'll have more power, and better mileage. Not at the same time, mind you.

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
Banks is one of the few diesel tuners I would trust. They are the guys the Ford mechanics recomend to me. Their chip for my F550 was really great.

Yes, its expensive, but thats because they test their stuff, and stand behind it.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
EvergreenSVT said:
Banks is one of the few diesel tuners I would trust. They are the guys the Ford mechanics recomend to me. Their chip for my F550 was really great.

Yes, its expensive, but thats because they test their stuff, and stand behind it.
so do alot of other people, there are other products out therer that are similiar for half the cost, if you are going to be pushing the limits, then I think banks would be a good place to start, but I am on a budget and can't afford a six-gun, gauges beause they six-gun doesn't defuel at a certain EGR. My predator is on its way, a good friend of mine is having great luck with his, I have heard alot of good things about the edge tuner as well. This way with a tuner I can have a code scanner as well.

Users who are viewing this thread