difference b/t lightning and h/d f-150 performance wise?

shaved99gt

Established Member
in the market for a h/d F-150 and was wondering about the performance differences b/t it and the lightning? also what is the power potential of the H/D F-150? any advise or help would be greatly appreciated !! thanks in advance
Brandon

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
I had a supercharged 2002 harley davidson f-150 before i got my 2004 lightning and i had a good amount of mods on the harley like 8lb lower, ftvb shift kit w/4x4 pan, rem carbon fiber intake tube, long tube headers, oil seperator, predator tunner,drop shackles,gauges and it ran the best of 13.7 @ 99 mph. my lightning stock ran 13.4@ 101 stock . then i added a 4lb lower, predator tunner, intake tube,oil seperator and it ran a best of 13.01 @106. my lightning has been in storage for the winter and i am adding a stieg stage 3 ported blower, 6lb lower, alky injection, jlp supercooler, jlp ram air intake, ngk tr6ix plugs,egr delete, sbtb, and a custom tune for the predator i have added little stuff like cobalt gauges and aem wideband, jlp traction bars it's all in my sig.just to give you an idea i am shur that nhtoc have gone over this befor

shaved99gt

Established Member
thanks man appreciate the input sounds like a bad ass L you got there!! did you like your harley f-150?i guess the weight of the H/D kills its 1/4mile performances thanks
brandon

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
They can make the same power since they have the same powerplant basically. The thing that hurts the 1/4 on them is the extra weight and 20" wheels/tires. There is one HD in the 10's and it's driven by a woman.

acwalsh8

Kenne Bell and SCT PRP
Established Member
there are actually a few HDs in the 10s now....but thats not the point of this thread. I like that the HD has room for more than 1 person....which is why I dont have an L.

HDs can produce close to the same power on a dyno. I say close bc of the 2 piece driveshaft and also the 20s like fade said. They will be a bit slower than an L with the same mods however. FWIW....mine moves pretty well.

Chris

shaved99gt

Established Member
acwalsh8 said:
there are actually a few HDs in the 10s now....but thats not the point of this thread. I like that the HD has room for more than 1 person....which is why I dont have an L.

HDs can produce close to the same power on a dyno. I say close bc of the 2 piece driveshaft and also the 20s like fade said. They will be a bit slower than an L with the same mods however. FWIW....mine moves pretty well.

Chris
thanks for the input guys what are your mods acwalsh and where can i find more info on modding H/D F-150's or does mods for the lightning the same as the H/D?

acwalsh8

Kenne Bell and SCT PRP
Established Member
shaved.....JLPs HD, I think Tommy @ Outrageous just recently, i.e. a few months ran 10s and also I believe JJ @ WMS had a customers truck in the 10s.

My mod list simplified is:

nearly every bolt on, KB with 3.5 upper 4# lower, DynaTech LTs and Bassani L spec Catback, Alky inj @ 14-15#s boost and 16*, tuned with SCT PRP. These mods were with mods in sig and are my most recent #s.

I had another recent dyno however that was on a dynojet dyno. That was done back on 11/23 and was with everything minus the Alky as it was acting up on me. That dyno (dynojet) had me at 454/523 @ 17+#s of boost and 17-18*. I think I had some issues with that tune and thus the switch to the other dyno and SCT.

I know the latest dyno shows lower #s but....thats with almost 3#s less boost, less timing and it was a mustang dyno vs. dynojet.

I think that sums it up.
Chris

kromdom

1KWKTRK
Established Member
you're welcome!

shaved99gt said:
where can i see these H/D's that run 10's?
IIRC, Sue drives the HD:
http://www.johnnylightningperf.com/
fast_r3_c3.gif

Users who are viewing this thread