Difference between 94/95 Cobra and a GT?

Slither

Established Member
I know all the basic differences. I need to know in depth. I figured I could find a thread or link by searching but I came up empty.
I am selling my 94 Cobra soon and am going to stock it back up all except for the Saleen Body kit and Saleen Wheels and a few other things. Most of the go-fast goodies are going on my 87 coupe.
Same:

Control arms?
radiator?
Mass Air Meter?
Throttle body?
exhaust?
Same balancer?
Same fuel pressure regulator?
Same airbox and Intake tube?
clutch cable?
Springs and shocks/struts(i know there different, but are they any better than the gt stuff?)

That is all I can think of right now.
Oh, and I will be asking $13K for the car with Full real Saleen body kit, Saleen WHeels, New performance red paint, 3.55 gear, Steeda clutch cable adjuster kit(if different from GT) and a couple other parts. Is that about right? I see clean cobra's selling for like 11-11,500 and my car is immaculate with 91K miles. Interior is clean as hell, and the paint, wheels, body kit are all new with less than 200 miles total on it. Seems very fair price to me?
Just curious.

Oh, and if any of you have ANY stock cobra parts forsale, let me know. I need allmost all of them. I may even do a trade for my performance parts for the stock parts you got and some cash. Not trying to advertise here, but its a good deal and will make someones car much faster for cheap.
Thanks!
www.94cobra.stangnet.com for a pic of the cobra

1 BA SVT

your momma likes it
Established Member
If you're asking about the stuff from the 94 fitting on the 87 this stuff won't work:

radiator
balancer
intake tube
headers/ h-pipe

If you're asking if the stuff from a 94Cobra and GT are interchange able they arefor the most part.

94CobraPace

Established Member
Originally posted by Slither
I know all the basic differences. I need to know in depth. I figured I could find a thread or link by searching but I came up empty.
I am selling my 94 Cobra soon and am going to stock it back up all except for the Saleen Body kit and Saleen Wheels and a few other things. Most of the go-fast goodies are going on my 87 coupe.
Same:

Control arms? Same, actually better than fox cars
radiator? 94\95 will not fit fox body cars
Mass Air Meter? Different mounting, not sure on the calibration for 24 lb injectors
Throttle body? Different, will not work on a fox car
exhaust? Headers will interchange to a fox, but has a EGR bung, not sure about the H pipe or cat back. I do know the hangers are different
Same balancer? Same
Same fuel pressure regulator? Not sure
Same airbox and Intake tube? Not sure, but I don't think so
clutch cable? Have heard they are interchangable, but carry different part numbers
Springs and shocks/struts(i know there different, but are they any better than the gt stuff?) 94\95 Cobras springs are the SN95 V-6 springs and the GT's are a little stiffer. Sway bars are larger on the Cobras, don't know if they will fit a fox. Not sure on the shocks. Fox shocks will fit on 94\95's, they are shorter than 94\95 shocks and work well on lowered SN95's, don't think they will go from 94\95 to a fox car, longer

That is all I can think of right now.
Oh, and I will be asking $13K for the car with Full real Saleen body kit, Saleen WHeels, New performance red paint, 3.55 gear, Steeda clutch cable adjuster kit(if different from GT) and a couple other parts. Is that about right? I see clean cobra's selling for like 11-11,500 and my car is immaculate with 91K miles. Interior is clean as hell, and the paint, wheels, body kit are all new with less than 200 miles total on it. Seems very fair price to me?
Just curious.

Oh, and if any of you have ANY stock cobra parts forsale, let me know. I need allmost all of them. I may even do a trade for my performance parts for the stock parts you got and some cash. Not trying to advertise here, but its a good deal and will make someones car much faster for cheap.
Thanks!
www.94cobra.stangnet.com for a pic of the cobra

So you are removing the performance parts and putting them on a 87 coupe?

Slither

Established Member
I was more asking what the differences between the 94 cobra parts are from the 94 gt parts, hehe. Sorry, didnt make that very clear did I? LOL
Yes, Im taking off the performance parts and putting them on the coupe, only the parts that will fit or can be made to fit.
Thanks and sorry for my mix-up!
Oh, and the MAF for the cobra actually has a calibration curve the same as a 19# MAF meter.

94CobraPace

Established Member
Ah, I wasn't sure which way you were going and after reading you original post I thought you were going to put the parts on the 87 GT.
TB are the same
Radiators are the same
Control arms - same
exhaust - same
balancer Same
fuel pressure regulator - same
airbox and Intake tube - same
clutch cable - same
Springs and shocks/struts - Cobra shocks are V-6's and the gt's are stiffer. Cobra have larger sway bar. Not sure on what differences there are, if any in the shocks

Users who are viewing this thread