Difference btw 1st and 2nd gen Whipples?

ra03svtcobra

IT'LL TERMINATE YA!!
Established Member
How can you tell the difference between the 1st and 2nd gen whipple 2.3L for the 03-04 Cobras with the blower installed on the car? Is there any cosmetic differences that show or does it say anything on it that differentiates them? Also do the kits come complete to bolt on? (Item Number WK-200105B). Thanks

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
How can you tell the difference between the 1st and 2nd gen whipple 2.3L for the 03-04 Cobras with the blower installed on the car? Is there any cosmetic differences that show or does it say anything on it that differentiates them? Also do the kits come complete to bolt on? (Item Number WK-200105B). Thanks

The rotors on the Gen II are black. The Gen 1 were green. Besides that there's no other way to tell by looking at the outside of the unit.

Hope that helps.

Jared

ra03svtcobra

IT'LL TERMINATE YA!!
Established Member
I thought I read somewhere that the gen 2's would have 140ax or something similar stamped on the outside housing? Also heard that there are additional parts (gaskets and bolts) to buy when you buy the kit? Just trying to find out if there is any truth to these. Thanks

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I thought I read somewhere that the gen 2's would have 140ax or something similar stamped on the outside housing? Also heard that there are additional parts (gaskets and bolts) to buy when you buy the kit? Just trying to find out if there is any truth to these. Thanks

Both Gen 1 and Gen 2 blowers are W140ax's so you won't be able to distinguish one from the other without looking at the rotors or calling into whipple with the compressor number. As far as gaskets go it's true that the Whipple doesn't come with them. You can reuse your stock gaskets or purchase new ones if the stockers aren't in good shape.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

Users who are viewing this thread