Difference in '01 and '03 IRS springs?

jershelb

Established Member
Interested in lowering an '03 Cobra.
Are there really any differences in rear springs on the 01' and 03' cobras? Some coil manufacturers, such as Eibach, list different part numbers for the two, while other manufacturers, such as HR, have one part number for both years. If two are interchangeable, I would like to look in to the Eibach Sportline springs for the 2" drop, even though they are listed for 99-02 Cobras.
Hope someone can clarify this for me...

DieselNuts

¯\_(ò.Ó)_/¯
Established Member
I dont know what the difference is between the springs, but an easy way to find out is to call the ford dealership and get them to compare the part numbers if you have the time to do that. They can tell you if they are different, but I guarentee that they cant tell you what is different about them...lol

Also, I cant stand when a manufacturer will list an "02 cobra"...ugh...just a pet peeve of mine...

GodStang

Established Member
ford made an svt cobra in 02 for export only.

Yep here is one:
Andrews02Cobra.jpg

RobBlance.jpg

1_2002-mustang-cobra-front.jpg

Last edited:

El Chileño

Established Member
Yep here is one:
Andrews02Cobra.jpg

RobBlance.jpg

1_2002-mustang-cobra-front.jpg

WTF!!! I never knew they did one only for export. WOW.. TAKE THAT FRONT BUMPER OFF:bash:. those extra lights just kill it!!!!!:xpl:

Interested in lowering an '03 Cobra.
Are there really any differences in rear springs on the 01' and 03' cobras? Some coil manufacturers, such as Eibach, list different part numbers for the two, while other manufacturers, such as HR, have one part number for both years. If two are interchangeable, I would like to look in to the Eibach Sportline springs for the 2" drop, even though they are listed for 99-02 Cobras.
Hope someone can clarify this for me...

I am also wondering that myself because Im about to buy some Intrax spring off somebody.

Users who are viewing this thread