Difference in 03 Factory Springs?

USMC-2-USN

Established Member
I have a September 02 build 2003 Cobra and a friend has a March 03 build 2003 Cobra...they are both identical down to color except mine sits approximately 1-1.5 inces lower (front and rear) than his does. Both suspensions are completetly stock

Was there spring change between early 03s and late 03s?

Thanks in Advance

Bryan

wjfawb0

Established Member
My car is the March build one. Only changes have been the MM IRS bushings and Steeda differential bushings. :shrug:

-Jason

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Originally posted by wjfawb0
My car is the March build one. Only changes have been the MM IRS bushings and Steeda differential bushings. :shrug:

-Jason

Don't know...... but you could try doing a loosen/retighten with the weight of the car on the wheels..... suspension pivot points should be the only ones that I can think of right now, that can produce a raised ride height.....

If tightened in the extended (unloaded) position, the suspension will resist compression...... via the preloaded bushings............. I think
good luck
I'm pretty sure a front end rack(drive on) will be a place to start
Also I hope the afore mentioned method was used for the subframe connectors????
Jimmy

Last edited:

USMC-2-USN

Established Member
Is my car (the lower one) abnormal in a bad way...is it something i should be worried about and take it to the FORD dealer ASAP?

I guess it is kinda cool to have a lower car but i don't want it too low that something will happen to my suspension when i don't expect it. As is i scrape my MAGNAFLOWS on speed bumps!

wjfawb0

Established Member
Originally posted by Jimmysidecarr
...I'm pretty sure a front end rack(drive on) will be a place to start
Also I hope the afore mentioned method was used for the subframe connectors????
Jimmy

The subframes were welded on with the car supported by jack stands on all four a-arms as close to the wheel as possible. The IRS bushings shouldn't really affect the rear end ride height other than the flex in the stock rubber ones letting the car ride lower. :shrug: Unless the IRS assembly flexes considerably between the four bolts attaching it to the car.

I haven't touched the control arm bushings in the rear, so I don't think they would have anything to do with it. The springs were removed during the bushing install, but the perches were marked with the ribs in the lower control arm and I was able to reinsert them just as they came out of the car.

-Jason

Users who are viewing this thread