Difference in DYNO's?

cranium

Cerebral Assassin!!
Established Member
Just a quick question.. I've read many post that talk about getting their L's dyno tested, and some people say that it was a "mustang dyno" is there a difference in types of dynos. Could I expect more HP #'s if my truck was dynoed on a mustang setup compared to just a generic type dyno? :thumbsup:

white01

T76GTS Power
Established Member
You will see lower #s on a Mustang dyno vs. a Dynojet dyno.

Rich

LightningMAS

Banned
mustang dyno will show lower number on the computer, but u have the actual numbers in ur truck tho... dynojet dyno gives u ur actual numbers on the computer and in ur truck.... dynos are the same, but just diffrent numbers..

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
They are not the 'same' dyno. They are completely different. A Mustang dyno puts a 'load' on the wheels to simulate real world conditions and puts the applicable (weight) resistance. Where as a dynojet does not. That is why Mustang dynos are typically lower numbers than a dynojet. Dyno numbers are for only benching racing IMO and the track tells all.

cranium

Cerebral Assassin!!
Established Member
I trully love this sight, the knowledge that flows through here is scary :banana: I appreciate all the input you guys and gals have to give, and look foward to more! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread