Difference in interior

Mashburn94

Established Member
Well I test drove a 2013 and I love it! Interior was great. There are no 2011's near me at the moment. But what are the differences in the two years? I know the 13 has track apps blah blah. But as far as the seats and dash material etc what are the differences?
This is for the gt premium, standard.

5lho

Established Member
400a and 401a are visually the same as previously. As you say, the dash clusters are altered for TA but, rest of it looks the same to me.

Mashburn94

Established Member
The 400a and 401a don't mean anything to me haha. I don't know all the packages. I know my cousins 07 mustang had a hard plastic dash and the 13 I drove had a "foam" dash.
But the seat leather and style are identical for 11 and 13?

mxracer409

Established Member
Maybe these will help from a visual stand point. (stolen from another forum)
400A
10interior.jpg

401A - "This interior design trim features a Charcoal Black interior environment with color-accented seats, unique door trim with bright Pony badge and dark aluminum instrument panel."
37_622376.jpg

OveRBoreD

Established Member
Also base model 2011-12 have the Rubbermaid steering wheel whereas the 13s have leather wrapped for all models. Makes a big difference in the feel of the cockpit.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Love my 400A...Just wish I had Recaros. Unless you have plans for revamping your interior, do not get the base interior.

IMG_0300_zpsccd61361.jpg

Last edited:

5.0jake

Established Member
Also base model 2011-12 have the Rubbermaid steering wheel whereas the 13s have leather wrapped for all models. Makes a big difference in the feel of the cockpit.

Yeah I don't know what Ford was thinking with that one. That was one of the cheesiest wheels Ive ever felt, but could easily be remedied by swapping in a premium, GT500 or Boss wheel. The only problem there is no steering wheel controls except cruise control.
Another interior upgrade (12-14 vs 11-12) is a much better looking and feeling auto shifter with the select shift.
The 2014 premium and base gauges are slightly different/cleaner. I think they look better.

Last edited:

Mashburn94

Established Member
Ok well the 400a looks better to me. And I am only looking at premiums.
I want the recaros but just can afford them. But is the 400a the same in 2011 as it is for 2013?

clean92lx

Established Member
Maybe these will help from a visual stand point. (stolen from another forum)
400A
10interior.jpg

401A - "This interior design trim features a Charcoal Black interior environment with color-accented seats, unique door trim with bright Pony badge and dark aluminum instrument panel."
37_622376.jpg

Other then recaros, the seats in the GT/CS are the best looking, they're the same as in the first pic except they have black suede in center part of the seat and the leather around the sides.

The second pic looks terrible. Those seats look like they belong in a F-350 work truck with plastic seats

c. love

Established Member
A base interior is a complete turn off on the 11-12. I wish the recaros were easier to get (or cheaper) I would love some for my 11.

Another thing i saw on 13's was the brushed dash panels had a black cross hatch panel on them, looks way nicer IMO I would love to convert to that. Anyone know what option that is?

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
How hard was it to install? Is there any adhesive involved? I hate the stock gauges.

Takes 2 minutes to pop the stock gauges out. No adhesive needed. You do have to take your time and be very careful not to change the location of the needles after popping them off though. They are VERY sensitive. I ended up having to re-adjust my temp gauge a tad. The others I had no issues with. They make a HUGE difference in the appearance dept. The stock gauges were horrible IMO, and these really go a long way to modernize the interior. This thread might help you:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...4/902848-busy-day-today-new-mods-warning.html

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
That is awesome they look so much better!! I don't see why they wouldn't fit the 13-14's though. I just emailed Black Custom about this.

I'm guessing the Speedo and Tac will work, but obviously not the gauges in the center where the 13-14's have the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread