Difference in interior

5.0jake

Established Member
I'm guessing the Speedo and Tac will work, but obviously not the gauges in the center where the 13-14's have the screen.

I have the base model so no screens for me.

Takes 2 minutes to pop the stock gauges out.
To clarify, It took only 2 minutes to get the whole gauge cluster out or 2 min for the the face plates once the cluster was out? I can't imagine removing the cluster being a 2 min job.

Last edited:

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
It took only 2 minutes to get the whole gauge cluster out or 2 min for the the face plates once the cluster was out? I can't imagine removing the cluster being a 2 min job.

Cluster bezel pulls right off....Unscrew 2 bolts, unplug the harness....Done....2 minutes tops.

Once the cluster is out, you have to really take your time removing the needles after separating the clear plastic cluster cover from the cluster body. Then just lift out the factory inlays and replace with the Blackcats....put the needles back on, re-install the plactic cover, and then put the cluster back in the car. Whole job took 30 minutes taking my time.

Last edited:

5lho

Established Member
My 400A seems to be standing up better than the 401As I have seen around here and, with the stitching crossways, the seats a little firmer than the 401s I have tried. Would have ordered Recaros if they were available for 2012 but, the Factory 400s aren't terrible, by American car standards.

The pleather thumb shifter in the 400 sucks but, modern billet fixed that pretty quick.

5.0jake

Established Member
Cluster bezel pulls right off....Unscrew 2 bolts, unplug the harness....Done....2 minutes tops.

Once the cluster is out, you have to really take your time removing the needles after separating the clear plastic cluster cover from the cluster body. Then just lift out the factory inlays and replace with the Blackcats....put the needles back on, re-install the plactic cover, and then put the cluster back in the car. Whole job took 30 minutes taking my time.

Wow thanks I'm definitely doing this! I'm surprised many others haven't been doing it, the stock retro gauges are lame, I never liked them personally.

rfugio68

Established Member
Takes 2 minutes to pop the stock gauges out. No adhesive needed. You do have to take your time and be very careful not to change the location of the needles after popping them off though. They are VERY sensitive. I ended up having to re-adjust my temp gauge a tad. The others I had no issues with. They make a HUGE difference in the appearance dept. The stock gauges were horrible IMO, and these really go a long way to modernize the interior. This thread might help you:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...4/902848-busy-day-today-new-mods-warning.html
Thanks man, are you still able to switch the gauge/halo color?

5.0jake

Established Member
I emailed Black Cat Custom Automotive regarding the 11'-12' GT500 gauge face plates and if they fit the 13'-14'. They said it will not fit but the 13'-14' GT500 face plates will be available for sale soon.

dead man walkin

Established Member
As for the op's question, the differences other than the dash are not noticeable, the differences between the standard and premium are well worth the upgrade, it may look marginal but if you spend time in both the premium is worth it. It's something that you won't notice in t He base until a year goes by and you get in a premium and realize everything you wish yours had is in the premium

BlackFive.0

Established Member
I just saw this thread and ordered the wynne 6 gauge 160 within 2 minutes. Exactly what i wanted! hate premium gauge in the daytime. WIN!

Mashburn94

Established Member
As for the op's question, the differences other than the dash are not noticeable, the differences between the standard and premium are well worth the upgrade, it may look marginal but if you spend time in both the premium is worth it. It's something that you won't notice in t He base until a year goes by and you get in a premium and realize everything you wish yours had is in the premium

Thanks for that info. I am not even considering a base. Premiums are all I have looked at. By dash are you referring to te gauge area or the entire dash it's self?
I know the 13's have track apps and 11's don't. But if your referring to the hard dash vs soft I am not going to consider the 11.

Users who are viewing this thread