Differences between 97 and 98 Cobra return style fuel rails???

Rock777

Established Member
Differences between 97 and 98 Cobra return style fuel rails???(w/ pics)

I recently bought a fuel rail off of a 98 Cobra for my 97. I tried searching the part number to find applications, but had no luck. I called a Ford dealership, who looked up the part number on the rail and said it was for a 98 and that the 96,97 shared the same part number. I am pretty sure the rail will work and is probably identical. Does anyone know for certain that they are the same, or that the 98 return style rail will work on a 97??

Last edited:

Rock777

Established Member
I took the Aeromotive stuff off and just set the rails on top to see how everything would line up. It seems like it will work, but the main concern I have is how noticeable the stagger is on the rails I'm putting on. I know the injectors are staggered, but not this much. I'm not sure if its from sitting on the shelf for a year or if the 98's are staggered more in comparison to the 99/01s, since that is the intake I'm using (which I am aware I will have to fabricate different mounts). I'm referring to how the fuel injectors line up to the other rail, if I'm being confusing. Since the rubber hose, though fairly stiff, has some flexibility, I'm hoping I can get them on without causing any kinks or sharp bends that would interfere.

Anyway, here are pics of the rails. If anyone can confirm or deny that these are the same as the 97's, I'd appreciate it. Or if you've had a similar issue........

fuelrail004medium.jpg

fuelrail002medium.jpg

fuelrail001medium.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread