Differences between Bassani Xpipe w/Cats for 00R (2KCR3) vs 03/04 Cobra Xpipe w/cats (46033)

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Since it's nearly impossible finding the Bassani Xpipe w/Cats designed for the 00 I am curious to understand what is so different about it vs. a 03/04 Cobra Bassani Xpipe w/Cats?

I realize this may be a difficult challenge to determine unless someone did the research before, but I am wondering if the 03/04 pipe will work/fit. They both have T56's.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
The first thing that crosses my mind is the 5.4 vs the 4.6.

The difference in deck heights mean different dimensions for the mid-pipe.

svtguy

Established Member
I've installed a 03/04 cobra magnaflow catted X pipe on the 00R. It does fit, but you must move the transmission crossmember forward to clear the X.

The 03/04 cobra's transmission crossmember is attached to the floor pan. the 00R transmission crossmember is attached to the subframe.

Paul.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I've installed a 03/04 cobra magnaflow catted X pipe on the 00R. It does fit, but you must move the transmission crossmember forward to clear the X.

The 03/04 cobra's transmission crossmember is attached to the floor pan. the 00R transmission crossmember is attached to the subframe.

Paul.

I recall us speaking before. I don’t want to modify anything the car, but happy to modify the exhaust. Maybe their are subtle differences in the Bassani and Magnaflow to avoid modifying the crossmember.

Users who are viewing this thread