Different SSM Stall Flash

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Well, I took it in this morning for it to get flashed since the stall has been occuring a lot lately. I showed them the SSM number for the flash, but they said the 17542 nothing to do with it. I got the SSM #16293 flash and it seemed to do the trick. The car runs a little smoother now and the idle is good and doesnt stall now. My problem was everytime I coast on the clutch to a stop or while turning, the car would just die on me. I thought this was the stall, but I guess whatever it is, its not the one everyone else seem to have gotten. I was wondering if anyone else got this flash instead of the 17542.

Dave99GT

Go Packers!
Established Member
what you describe is definitely the stall issue, I cannot help on why they gave you a different number for the SSM. The number itself is not important, what matters is that they downloaded and flashed your car with the latest program from Ford.

svtxchinoy

Established Member
I thought it was, but the foreman guy said this is the right SSM for the problem. Starts right up without hesitation now too. I'm happy with it either way.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I just had mine flashed last week. I have noticed a huge difference with how the car runs, idles, and doesn't stall or attempt to stall. Not sure what the SSM number is, but I can check my paperwork when I get home if you want.

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
That 16293 might be the old stall update that came out a while ago. I just had mine flashed on Tuesday and they used the 17542 flash. To tell you the truth, since my car has never stalled since I've had it now for over a year, I can't tell any difference before or after the flash. I guess it was a waste of time. But I needed the annual safety inspection anyway. The decal that the tech put under the hood says:

"PCM Reprogramming - Part 3U7A-12A650-HH A"

Of couse I peeled the decal off and saved it for future reference.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Ok, just looked at my paperwork from last week at they gave me the SSM #17542. You many want to double check with your dealer to see if they are using the right one.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread