differential leaking

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I assume it is leaking on the back of the cover, right?? It isn't going to be cheap, there is a good bit of work involved to get to the diff to reseal it.

Also, now would be the perfect time to do gears and put a Billetflow IRS brace on it.

pittviper

Established Member
BreBar21 said:
I assume it is leaking on the back of the cover, right?? It isn't going to be cheap, there is a good bit of work involved to get to the diff to reseal it.

Also, now would be the perfect time to do gears and put a Billetflow IRS brace on it.

Yes leaking from the back cover, I was thinking of putting gears in too, but I dont have much money right now...

Wicked

Established Member
Is it a constant leak? Mine looks as though it has leaked before, probably when wheelhopping. But its not broken and doesn't leak constantly. Maybe your's is the same way.

Have your wheelhopped your Ford lately? :-D

green99_svt

Established Member
its a quick and painless job. a shop should charge around 2 - 2.5 hrs labor or less and the gasket is just gms sealer.

drive it to chicago ill do it for a hunski.

Last edited:

casey99COBRA

Just a rookie!
Established Member
the bolts just may need to be tightened up. I just tightened mine up and toped her off and i haven't seen it leak since.

pittviper

Established Member
green99_svt said:
its a quick and painless job. a shop should charge around 2 - 2.5 hrs labor or less and the gasket is just gms sealer.

drive it to chicago ill do it for a hunski.

Drive to VA, and install a gear while your at it, Ill give you two hunski

Users who are viewing this thread