buy a badass foxbody

or

I KNOW THIS IS GONNA START CONTROVERSY LOL

GO to the DARKSIDE and buy an ls1 and do H/C/I and other bolt ons

lmk what yall think
i dont know anything about the ls1 so if u do fill me in lol

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
well honestly, go put it towards an 03-04, didn't you just get that car too or maybe im wrong? but I say go 03-04 you won't be disappointed, I wish i could part wiht my car, but i dont think I could make myself do it

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I don't know much about modding these cars for drag racing, but......

You already own everything from the tires to the top. I'm guessing you still owe $7000 based on your post. Would it be cheaper to put something like a Procharger on your car, if that will make it go fast enough? Or even drop in an '03 motor? I would think overall that would be cheaper. Other than supporting mods, your car should hold up to it.

But it wouldn't be a new car, so I can see the desire for that, too. So there's this..
http://www.carmax.com/dyn/search/searchresults.aspx?N=4294966422

[EDIT] Link now goes to a different car. Guess they sold the one I had found.

Last edited:

silver03tt

Established Member
I guess it is all in what you want to spend. I have a 92 LX that runs low tens that I love but after getting my 03 cobra I'm lucky to put 200 miles a year on the LX. The cobras are awesome and better to drive but I still love the foxes. That's gonna be a tough decision.:shrug:

32vofFury

WHINE & DINE!
Established Member
my buddies dad has a 99 camaro with HCI and 4.10's. With M/T DR's it went 11.4. This is a six speed car with a good driver. If you want to go fast with an lsx go auto and get a shift kit and converter. the modded autos are way faster than the M6's. I was in the market for an LS1 car before i bought the cobra i did a little research. remember faster than 11.50 and you need a cage. just remember that. My buddy has an LT1camaro and hes doing a built motor(383 stroker)/Heads/custom grind cam and intake. He wants to be done by the spring and may want to sell it. It just had the tranny rebuilt with a shift kit he hopes to go high 11's with the stock gears/converter and dr's. we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread