Dilemma: Keep the Terminator or buy a GT500?

NJredfire03

Established Member
I would absolutley stand firm trying to get $28K for mine. I'm confident I could eventually get it too if I ever decided to sell. Black 04 Just X-Pipe/Catback with intake. 6,800 miles. With that being said, I'm looking at Raptors right now and people are STILL looking to get high $40Ks for 2011s with 80-100k on them...lol

Depends on how badly the buyer wants it I suppose...

04 with those miles. Depending on the condition of the paint, 28k is a fair price for sure. When I see pullied cobras with 60-70k miles, that look like they got 70k miles, selling for 23-25k, I gotta shake my damn head at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UnrealSVT

Established Member
04 with those miles. Depending on the condition of the paint, 28k is a fair price for sure. When I see pullied cobras with 60-70k miles, that look like they got 70k miles, selling for 23-25k, I gotta shake my damn head at that.

For sure. Certain people expect that because it's a Terminator, it could be beat up with 80k miles and looking like chocolate milk in the coolant tank and still worth a minimum of $23k...

Not to change direction, but I believe the most absurdly overpriced vehicle on the market is the Supra. By far.

NJredfire03

Established Member
For sure. Certain people expect that because it's a Terminator, it could be beat up with 80k miles and looking like chocolate milk in the coolant tank and still worth a minimum of $23k...

Not to change direction, but I believe the most absurdly overpriced vehicle on the market is the Supra. By far.

I had a cobra for 10 years. It pains me to see that I would have to over pay big time to get back in to one. I plan on getting another one. I'll wait till the right one pops up if these prices stick around. Also, Supra, yeah that's nuts.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
As far as the OPs post though, I would keep the Cobra. I feel there is more nostalgia to it. It's the same reason I still to this day grin when I see a clean 93 Cobra. It's a unicorn to me...only becoming more and more rare by the day...

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
You'd be crazy to not buy that GT500 OP. Price is not "great", its AMAZING for the mileage... one owner car that has literally not been used?

If nothing else you could flip it and make 5-7k here on the west coast.

07-09's are going for $35k all day with ~10k miles.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
You'd be crazy to not buy that GT500 OP. Price is not "great", its AMAZING for the mileage... one owner car that has literally not been used?

If nothing else you could flip it and make 5-7k here on the west coast.

07-09's are going for $35k all day with ~10k miles.

I think you need to look at the market 07-09 maybe going for that. People can ask what they want but there not selling. 11-12's are in the mid thirties now.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
^^

I'm buying one tomorrow so thanks for the comment.... I guess?

Ive been shopping for the last 6 months. I got a pretty good idea of what they're commanding out here.

All depends on what youre looking for. Sure.... an 07-09 with 30k miles can be grabbed for mid to high 20s, but a one owner, sub 10k mile car is still over 30k all day out West.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
^^

I'm buying one tomorrow so thanks for the comment.... I guess?

Ive been shopping for the last 6 months. I got a pretty good idea of what they're commanding out here.

All depends on what youre looking for. Sure.... an 07-09 with 30k miles can be grabbed for mid to high 20s, but a one owner, sub 10k mile car is still over 30k all day out West.

There is a VB one on here now with 9,100 miles that is 30k he started at like 34k. Maybe the market is different out west or wherever your at deals are to be had and they can be shipped. Congrats on the Shelby post a thread with pics.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
yes definitely.. deals are out there. I actually just missed one in Orange County out here... Had it listed for $29k and it sold in a day. I called and it was gone. One owner with 5k miles.

Timing...

Dan04COBRA

Established Member
Before anyone considers ditchign a Terminator for a GT500, drive one.

They feel like 2 entirely different cars. I absolutely love GT500's from any year. I went 6 years with no Terminator, working on my GTO. When it was time to buy again, I had a deposit on a '13 GT500, loved driving it - but something kept telling me to get behind the wheel of another Terminator before I made up my mind. I ended up driving hundreds of miles away, leaving at midnight with a trailer to pick up my 2nd 03/04 and had to walk away from my deposit.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
^^ makes sense if you can get a great deal on a 03/04 but it appears they are appreciating again, which makes the 07-12 GT500 look pretty appealing. More tech, nicer interior, solid rear axle, etc. (we've heard it all on this thread already).

I guess it depends somewhat on how old you are too. The days of loud, rough, and unrefined (albeit FAST) are over for me LOL.

fitforspeed

Established Member
I'm the original owner of my 03 Cobra. Will I ever sell it, probably not. I have put piles and piles of money and miles in it. Currently at around 152,00 miles and the $ well not going to add that up. I test drove a 12 Shelby. It was like many say, refined. Was a nice car, drove well, accelerated well. I was impressed. But at the end of the drive I just got back in my Terminator and hapily drove away, Sans car payment. And the value seems to be moving up on the Termi's. Might not be to many years before nice ones are bringing more than the GT500's. I'd like to see the Termi's eclipse those silly Supras. Domestic V-8's rule! Never heard a Supra exhaust note that impressed me, the Termi though, that's some sweet music!

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I guess it depends somewhat on how old you are too. The days of loud, rough, and unrefined (albeit FAST) are over for me LOL.

I'm getting ready to hit the 50's age bracket and I can tell you a muscle car rumbling that is loud, rough and unrefined will always get my attention and be my overall favorite (i.e. my 65 with a 347 with 60's suspension and No A/C, no cruise control and even no heat).

The rumble of the cam and the exhaust note is where it's at for me. My Cobra is fun and I love the 13 GT500. But that is the order for me (65, 03 then 13).

Oh and I raced my 65 against my 03 and the 65 won by half a car (granted my 03 is pretty much stock though).

Wish I could own one of each............LOL.........

Dan04COBRA

Established Member
^^ makes sense if you can get a great deal on a 03/04 but it appears they are appreciating again, which makes the 07-12 GT500 look pretty appealing. More tech, nicer interior, solid rear axle, etc. (we've heard it all on this thread already).

I thought so for me too! I just didn't get the same "I could die in this fkn thing" feel from the GT500 lol

nxhappy

Established Member
the Terminator feels so raw compared to the GT500. Kind of like the Viper. I love the feel of it. I do miss my 07 but if I ever bought another GT500 it would have to be a 2014.

Users who are viewing this thread