dilemma with tires...help

scrangerhunter

Established Member
ive got an 03 cobra and ive had it for approx 2 months. The tires that are on it are 245/45/17's which i know are not the stock tires. Well, lets just say i had a lot of fun with the car so far and the rears are toast. The front two are just like brand new. I dont know if i should get DR's for the back and keep the 245's up front? or just replace the back with 245's again? or go with 275's all the way around. I would like to keep it as close to 400 dollars if possible, and if anyone has two new tires laying around they dont want...hit me with a pm. sorry for the length. I need to do something about them THIS week.
thanks
frederick

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Is this a daily driver? Nitto DRs are fine, but they can be downright scary in the rain and they won't last long.

For $400, you could put a set of 275 Sumitomo HTRZs all the way around. That's a good tire if you're on a budget.

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
I just put on Eagle GS-D3's, 275 in front and 285 on the rear. Nice tires and they hook pretty good for the power I have. I prob would buy them again.

GA Terminator

Established Member
Depends on what you want - Daily driver=275 or 285 all the way around. Track=Some Nitto's on spare rims, best of both worlds.

scrangerhunter

Established Member
thanks for the replys guys. i havent even taken it to the track yet (bad as i want to). will 285's fit on the stock wheels? what brand do you recommend for best ride/wear? thanks again.
frederick

Users who are viewing this thread