Ding Ding Ding ... Broken Seat Belt Reminder

hob

Established Member
I know about the sequence to disable the chime but of course this only works if it recognizes the seat belt buckling in the first place. I under plugged the connector under the seat but then this kills everything to the seat power and all.

I went to Ford dealer today to ask about it and they said I need to replace the entire cushion assembly? Anyone have any other ideas about this?

Thanks!

Last edited:

killer428

Sonic Blue Terminator
Established Member
I had the same problem with my old Cobra , What I did was squirt some WD-40 into where the seatbelt connects into the latch. I think there is a contact or switch that the belt pushes in on to satisfy the alarm and it must have been stuck. Anyways it worked for me.

hob

Established Member
I had the same problem with my old Cobra , What I did was squirt some WD-40 into where the seatbelt connects into the latch. I think there is a contact or switch that the belt pushes in on to satisfy the alarm and it must have been stuck. Anyways it worked for me.

Have to love these boards! Just ran outside threw a conservative amount of WD in and seatbelt reminder shut off instantly as I clicked in.

Just drove around for a quick moment and it's almost weird not hearing the beeping! Hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread