DIP Car Black Stripe Help

Dabomb

Established Member
I ordered a Deep Impact Blue that somehow ended up a 46D and 47D stripe delete. After some very careful interaction with my ordering dealership, I was given 3 options; keep the stripe delete, high gloss black stripes or flat black stripes.

My question reflects the later two choices. I wasn't aware there are any options on the choice for the finish of the black stripes on a DIP or any other color car. I contacted the SVT Hotline that advised the stripes are neither a flat or gloss finish but rather a Satin finish.

Can anyone confirm the finish of the Black Stripes on a DIP car. :shrug:

Thanks

The attached link reflects the correct build:
(And before it's said, I understand the build link specifies Gloss Black Tape Stripes, so I really don't understand where the breakdown is coming from)

Build Your 2013 Ford Mustang

acrbill

Established Member
noooo. I bought a Grabber Orange coupe back in 2007 that had dealer installed stripes. They did a terrible job with the install and hit the paint with the razor blade a few times.

Draiter

Established Member
I would advise you against getting "gloss" stripes. I do a lot of graphic work using all different types of vinyl and gloss vinyl is highly prone to showing scuffs.

A couple of other things I would advise you to ask your dealer if you are considering the option of them putting the vinyl on.... is this OUTDOOR vinyl or indoor vinyl, yes, there is a difference. On a car, you'd want outdoor vinyl, it is much more weather resistant.
Also, ask them if they are using a "high" year vinyl, or a "low" year vinyl.. What I mean is, ask them if it's a 5, 10, 15, or 20 year vinyl. Obviously, you want something with a higher number.
Finally, ask them if this is 3m Vinyl, Avery Vinyl, or Oracal vinyl, or some "china" made vinyl. Reason for this, 3M, Avery, Oracal all have vastly superior adhesive on the back of the vinyl as opposed to the "china" vinyl. The "China" vinyl will start to peel after weeks, where as the others will not peel...

Hope this helps you

91svtbird

Established Member
I assume it's too late to change the order?

If so have the dealer get the stripe kit directly from Ford and have a qualified person who does this for a living put them on....oh and make the dealer pay for it since they messed up the order.

jsdeweyusmc

Established Member
Who is going to pay for the stripes from Ford. The stripes get put on at the factory if you order stripe option. Its been that way since the 2010's came out because I did order a 2010 with them and also a 2012 with stripes and the factory installed both. If you order the stripe delete it is coming that way and if you want stripes then you are going to have to pay fot it.

Dabomb

Established Member
I did not order this car 46D, so not really sure how it happened. I was hoping to have this factory corrected before the car was shipped out, but when the dealer asked me if I wanted matte or gloss black stripes, in all appearances it seems they are trying to correct the issue prior to the sale or they actually think you get 2 shades of black stripe options. Both of which are scary within itself...

jsdeweyusmc

Established Member
Someone just got a white with black stripes on the forum so check with them and also check your sticker and if it said you get stripes or not

Users who are viewing this thread