Dirt 3

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
Anyone else playing this? If you have a wheel you need to get this game, it's insanely fun. I'm sure it'd still be fun with a controller though. If the PSN store ever gets back up I'll be getting some vids of gameplay up.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Just started playing last night, it's pretty hard to get used to, but I haven't tried with my wheel yet.

[youtube_browser]9y4dl1OXbbs[/youtube_browser]

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
Yeah it's hard starting out but once you get a feel for it it's so fun. I just unlocked gymkhana and could not stop trying stuff. That's insanely hard doing that stuff and doing it clean.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
If DiRT3 uses the revised physics model from dirt1 and uses GRiD's drift physics ill be a ****ing happy camper. Gonna pick it up here shortly, im a huge fan of CodeMasters games.

Red94SVT

Established Member
Torrent is taking forever to download...from the looks of it i might need to buy a wheel or an xbox controller for my pc

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
what wheel are you guys using for what system? and where did you get em?

LostRacer

I drive a Jalopy
Established Member
what wheel are you guys using for what system? and where did you get em?
I have a Fanatec PWT(Porsche Wheel Turbo) Its an older model. It cam with a set of pedals(clutch/brake/gas). I bought mine on Craigslist for $200. It only works on ps3 and PC though. They do make 2 models that work for 360/PS/and pc as well.

Too much work. Im lazy.
I used to be until I got my wheel. It changes the fun in the games.

d/ling it now on torrent...

edit: Holy****ingshit 51.2k/s download.....7.4 gigs....yikes

I was doing that Monday night. Took 3.5 hours. :) But an official crack wasn't available yet. So I just picked up on PS the next day.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
d/ling it now on torrent...

edit: Holy****ingshit 51.2k/s download.....7.4 gigs....yikes

Lol wtf dial up?

Mine was hitting 2.0mb/s rates last night on basic comcast internets, and my pc is wireless g from the router. Will probably install it tonight, if its as addictive as dirt1 and not ghey like dirt2 then ill grab it for 360.

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
Yeah a wheel makes games like this. I wish there was a good wheel compatible for both systems that wasn't insanely expensive so I could be excited for Forza 4. Even just a cheap 100 dollar wheel that's good for 360 I'd probably get just for Forza but there aren't any good cheap ones.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
It's not as good as Dirt 2 IMO.
The tracks aren't as good and I can't seem to get the controls dialed-in.

Also, navigating though the menus sucks.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I have a Fanatec PWT(Porsche Wheel Turbo) Its an older model. It cam with a set of pedals(clutch/brake/gas). I bought mine on Craigslist for $200. It only works on ps3 and PC though. They do make 2 models that work for 360/PS/and pc as well.

I used to be until I got my wheel. It changes the fun in the games.

I was doing that Monday night. Took 3.5 hours. :) But an official crack wasn't available yet. So I just picked up on PS the next day.

Lol wtf dial up?

Mine was hitting 2.0mb/s rates last night on basic comcast internets, and my pc is wireless g from the router. Will probably install it tonight, if its as addictive as dirt1 and not ghey like dirt2 then ill grab it for 360.

My cable modem is being a little funky after a big power hit a few days ago. New one will be here monday.

That could be or it they are throttling me with my data usage.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
yea I wana get the fantec with the clutch and gear box for 360 so i can play forza but damn they're expensive

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
It's not as good as Dirt 2 IMO.
The tracks aren't as good and I can't seem to get the controls dialed-in.

Also, navigating though the menus sucks.

Uhh what? Dirt2 sucks the fat chode. Too X-Games-ish. D3 should, from the dev logs, play and feel more like D1.

Users who are viewing this thread