Disable airbags in seats

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Thinking about going with aftermarket race seats so what is everyone doing with the air bags in the front seats? Won't it throw some trouble light?

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Generally a 10 ohm resistor completes the circuit and replicates the load of the seat air bag keeping the rest of your bags operational. I'm sure by searching you can find exact details. Someone recently on here just put a Corbeau in for a track day.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I was talking about the guy with the grabber blue RTR with corbeau's in it.. never saw that guys post ^

Shaun@AED

I run FX1-Pro seats and no airbag light.

I can't remember the rsistance of the side airbag but it's not the same as the older S197's and therefore the Ford delete plugs do not work.

I measured the resistance of the stock side airbags and headed down to radio shack. I want to say 2.5ohm resistor did the trick, but I can't remember off the top of my head. I'd have to check.

The magnetic seat position sensor can get zip-tied to the Carbeau metal seat track.
The under seat air bag (weight sensor) I installed under the Carbeau seat cushion. Easy install aside from finding the correct resistor to handle the airbag light.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
just need to get me some seats now. after sitting in the recaros i feel in love with them but damn they are pricey. i once sat in some corbeau cr1 or trs i cant remember at late model and those were equally as nice.

phack

Established Member

I can't remember the rsistance of the side airbag but it's not the same as the older S197's and therefore the Ford delete plugs do not work.

I measured the resistance of the stock side airbags and headed down to radio shack. I want to say 2.5ohm resistor did the trick, but I can't remember off the top of my head. I'd have to check.

The magnetic seat position sensor can get zip-tied to the Carbeau metal seat track.
The under seat air bag (weight sensor) I installed under the Carbeau seat cushion. Easy install aside from finding the correct resistor to handle the airbag light.

How well do those seats work with the layout of the car inside? I have my stock seats raised up a little since I'm a short guy. How is the reclining angle?

5.0GT

Established Member

Can you post some pictures. Are they comfortable enough to live with in a daily driver?

RR5.0

Established Member

Do you have the FX1's in for a daily driver car or just a track car? I'm looking at these seats but would like to know how they are for everyday driving.

Holovacko

Established Member
If you google it, you'll find a write up from a different forum. I think mustang evolution site. It looks like huge PIA, to me. I plan on running the FX1 seats and just leaving the light on, it doesn't hurt anything, the other airbags work fine.

McQueen5.0

Established Member
If you google it, you'll find a write up from a different forum. I think mustang evolution site. It looks like huge PIA, to me. I plan on running the FX1 seats and just leaving the light on, it doesn't hurt anything, the other airbags work fine.

I saw that thread . But I don't want to cut off the original sensor that's it on the seat .
Some other guy here tried doing just the plug in resistor to the one on the car and I tried that out and it didn't work light still on.

Any help anybody !?

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I saw that thread . But I don't want to cut off the original sensor that's it on the seat .
Some other guy here tried doing just the plug in resistor to the one on the car and I tried that out and it didn't work light still on.

Any help anybody !?

Buy two factory ford resistors (XF2Z-14B022-AA) and cut the top off of them using a dremel. Snip out the 7.5 ohm resistors and solder in 2 ohm resistors from Radio Shack. Glue/epoxy the top part of the sensor back on. Get the ohm meter out and verify the resistance. I just did a set of Corbeau's in my 12 GT last week and there is no airbag lights :)

Last edited:

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Where did u get them at bro ?!?
I took the part number to a local ford dealer and they were able to get them to me the next day. I paid more at the ford dealer than online but I wanted them before the weekend so I could work on the seat project.

Users who are viewing this thread