Disappointed with my exhaust.

XtraVenom03

Established Member
Ok, I was on the freeway and decided to give my car good pedal to the floor action and this is with my new American Thunder exhaust and you know what happen.........NO PUNCH! I'm seriously starting to begin this exhaust made me lose power. Sounds good but no power. So what to do now? I have my JBA's ordered, and a Mac H pipe and they should be here any day. My only option is probably get a straight through muffler but which one? I heard about this 03 Bassani Kit but I'd be interested in the cat back they have now. I think it'd sound good with the H pipe and headers. Borla I heard is pretty expensive. Everyone loves magna-flow. Hmm, how much does the Bassani Cat back cost and how do you guys think it would sound with my JBAs and Mac H pipe. Please, your help is needed.

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
I just got my magnaflow system today and all I can say is wow!! it really helped out when I took it for a spirited drive tonight. and I am a flowmaster junkie!! not anymore,, I am a true magnaflow believer

Last edited:

StreetSnake

Established Member
Mark seems like the more you read on this the more confusing it gets, I read a post yesterday that unless I interpreted it wrong they say without the Hi flo catted pipe that the gains from the catback system are negligible. I dont know if anyone has dynoed with just a catback and can clear this up but any help would be appreciated.:beer:

CWCobra

Established Member
I'm confused on the exhaust issue as well! I tried the FR-500 on my '03 for a week or so, and didn't like it...MUCH too quiet. So, I put the stock back on. During the swap, I cranked up the engine while the cat-back was completely off: no mufflers at all. The exhaust was still relatively quiet, even with NO mufflers at all!

I'm looking for that deep, loud, V-8 rumble, and I've concluded that the only way to get that sound is to go cat-less. The restriction on sound has GOTTA be the cats. Wonder if maybe hi-flo cats would give a better sound??

Anybody got hi-flow cats, and an after market cat back that gives the low rumble sound? Anybody got ANY combo that gives that V-8 rumble? I can't stand that razzy "exotic" sound that some pipes make. Reminds me too much of fart can ricer pipes. But that's just me. To each his own...
Peace,
CW

blk03coupe

Established Member
I just put my borla exhaust on today, it sounds awsome, the car is fineally breathing, I am going to put a bassani x-pipe on soon. Car is singing now though:D

Users who are viewing this thread