disappointing night! mach 1 looses

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Get a tune a real dyno tune. My friend has an 04 with 410s and long tubes and my mild bolt on 03 yanked him in 3rd. He says it was a tune issue and we have yet to run again and see that he got it fixed.

sarim17

Established Member
ya man,
im starting to think a dyno tune is needed bad!!!

maybe a compression check and THEN a dyno iffffff everything checks out! i shouldnt go up on em and then just fall flat! not with stock gears atleast! i wish there more machs or pre 03 cobras around here that i knew of! thanks for the advice!

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Have you checked and changed the spark plugs? My 04 mach with just a midpipe and catback easily walked away from srt8s, charger and challenger alike.

bleedout

Established Member
umm yeah , those srt8 are pigs, they have power but they are heavy as hell, especially with 3 people in the car too. you should have had his ass no prob. ive seen many mach's dyno tuned and typically with bolt ons and a dyno tune they put down 320rwhp, very respectable. id get it dyno tuned and if there is a problem you'll find out for sure. good luck

sarim17

Established Member
see this is always what i thought.....
i was just not sure if maybe im racing cars that are just more car than me. but i see guys running full bolt on t/as and doing just fine!

i have been thinking it might be my tune for quite some time now..... maybe a dyno is needed. i got a mail order as i said. but gas mileage sucks, it doesnt run smooth power wise, and its very very sluggish round town. even at night!

thanks guys, atleast i know im not hoping for something unreasonable!:beer:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
see this is always what i thought.....
i was just not sure if maybe im racing cars that are just more car than me. but i see guys running full bolt on t/as and doing just fine!

i have been thinking it might be my tune for quite some time now..... maybe a dyno is needed. i got a mail order as i said. but gas mileage sucks, it doesnt run smooth power wise, and its very very sluggish round town. even at night!

thanks guys, atleast i know im not hoping for something unreasonable!:beer:

Try datalogging your car. In the Tuning sections of the forums, sometimes guys will look at your tune and tell you what might be wrong.

Sounds like you have a conservative tune with a lot of timing pulled? Also. call Bama tunes and ask them to look at your datalogs...don't they have free tunes for life or something like that?

Last edited:

sarim17

Established Member
thanks for the advice!!!!

im puzzled as to why i didnt think to do that!!! this weekend the car gets an oil change and a couple of data logs!!!!

you sir are the man!

whipplesnake- i wish that was the case man! mine hasnt been doing so hot as of late!!! but your sig pic makes up for it!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread