Discount Tire Direct and Nitto 555R's

MikeDSVT

Established Member
:banana: Let me just say I love these damn things.

$458 Shipped to my door in just over 48hours, Now the beasts are mounted up and they hook like champ. They dont spin much at all from a full out launch at idle/WOT.

The 305's looked hella wide sitting on my porch, now to see how they do at the track, surely alot better than the F1's I ran on.

What does everyonbe run for pressure cruising the street on these?

Last edited:

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
$458 for four?!?, or just the rear two? I had them on my last L. I think I ran somewhere's in the neighborhood of 35psi. Not sure. I dumped it a few times when I would go out ricehunting, but I can't remember the #s I used.

Last edited:

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Got it. I was thinking you got a set of four, but I posted w/out noticing they were 305s. Oops.

4Lance

Svt Nut
Established Member
Hey chris do you drive everyday with your 555r's? I have a every day driving truck and was wondering which nitto to get? if it's therone's smksho got for that price? or arer those for the track mainly? thanks man

stubbs

Established Member
4Lance said:
Hey chris do you drive everyday with your 555r's? I have a every day driving truck and was wondering which nitto to get? if it's therone's smksho got for that price? or arer those for the track mainly? thanks man

I drive my truck everyday with 555r's and there great, Just keep the pressure for the street at about 27-30 and youll be fine on the street. As for the track drop to about 18-20, I had mine last night with the 555r's for the first time and I was cutting 1.8 sixtys.

Billybong

I Am The Anti-Rice!
Established Member
slosvt said:
I drive my truck everyday with 555r's and there great, Just keep the pressure for the street at about 27-30 and youll be fine on the street. As for the track drop to about 18-20, I had mine last night with the 555r's for the first time and I was cutting 1.8 sixtys.

Good advice here. I run mine 28 street and 18 track. ;-)

Chi3f

Established Member
Floridalawdog said:
Do the 305's fit on the stock rims?

sure do. I got a second set of stock 01 rims and put the nitto's on them. So i can swap em on when i'm going racing or some sketchy activities.

99_venum

SVT Madness
Established Member
Same here, I bought a second set of wheels to mount them but it was a waiste of money for me. I run them all the time. But I only drive 6 miles to work so I can afford to do so. I got about 6000 miles out of my first set. Would have gotten more but our AZLOC picnic burnout contest kind of took it's toll on the DRs :burnout: They were getting down to the wear bars so I decided to just smoke 'em and let them go out in style.

I also run them at 28 street and 18 track. However since the ported Eaton and 2600 converter I now have a set of ET Streets for the track and will not put the regular street tires on the back. Gets loose way to easy without the DRs, gotta love it. :beer:

Red Koolaid

Established Member
99 Venum.......i wasnt sure it they made ET Streets for our size rim. Thats good to hear.....THOSE tires are Awesome. How much and where?
Chris.

Learo2000GT

Established Member
Do you have the stock tires up front???? do they track well with the stock tires???? I do not use my L for a daily driver and I think this would be a great set up. I do have slicks for the track, but it would be nice to have an options beside jacking around with slicks all the time.

DOug

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Learo2000GT said:
Do you have the stock tires up front???? do they track well with the stock tires???? I do not use my L for a daily driver and I think this would be a great set up. I do have slicks for the track, but it would be nice to have an options beside jacking around with slicks all the time.

DOug

I have F1's on the front and DR's on the back. That is my everyday setup. But I don't drive it everyday. I actually got caught about 30 miles from home in a severe downpour last week. I didn't think that the DR's were bad in the rain, but I took it real easy. I like it.

Red Koolaid

Established Member
i use Nitto DR's on the rear.......i would NOT go with anything else. I drive 32 miles one way to work. 10x's better in my opinion from stock. Not a problem in the rain either.
Chris.

MikeDSVT

Established Member
They track great with f1's on in the front, I drove home in a thunderstorm ystdy. They are really not that bad in rain. I gave it a few drops of the pedal to see how much they would spin in the rain.

The only thing I wish I did was have them heat cycled :(
i forgot all about asking if they were done until earlier today when reading online.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread