Discount Tire Rim Damage

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
To be completely honest I have a great relationship with my discount tire by my house. As a matter of a fact I just bought over 1k worth of tires today. Last time when I went there they accidently broke the inner seal of my wheel so I took the wheel back and they sent me to a shop to have it fixed on their dime

mrlrd1

Established Member
You brought in a car that had locking lug nuts with no key. The lug nuts are sunk into the wheel and you expect a place like Discount Tire to take care of your wheels BETTER THAN YOU DID? You admitted to damaging your own wheels WITH the key!

Removing locking lug nuts with any of the several different methods and/or proper tools is a gamble. Damage happens even with care and they should have mentioned that.

Spacers... Locking lug nuts... People (including you) need to understand that problems like this are to be EXPECTED when you modify your car, no matter how basic it seems to you. And if you don't like that, either don't modify you car or pay the money to have a professional do the work for you, not some discount repair shop.

Machdup1

Established Member
Sucks, i had a shop only hand tighten the lug nuts on my daughters car. She called on the drive home and said she was hearing a loud thumping noise from both rear tires. I had her ppull over immediately and call a tow truck. She was on the bridge on the chesapeake bay bridge when she pulled over. The tow truck was loading the car when one of the wheels came off and bounced into the Chesapeake bay, never to be seen again. I was beyond pissed.

I had another shop remove my wheel locks because when i bought the car the key was missing. When i picked it up, they just left those lug nuts off the car on all four corners.

Users who are viewing this thread