Dishwasher / home electricity question

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
Well to start things off I've been in my new home for a little over a year now and I will be going on my third dish washer and they are not the el-cheapo ones either. The last one that just went out is a kitchenaid whisper quiet plus. The kitchenaid has power to it and has a green blinking light it just won't lock and start a cycle. I have attempted to reset it along with making sure that the water line was not clogged so that it could drain. My only thought now is that the circuit board is fried leading to why I believe I may have some home wiring issues. Upon moving in my fiancee and I noticed that when certain electrical outlets were used a static sound would come through on the baby monitors. Along with that if more than one thing was plugged into any of the sockets the fuse would pop and we would have to reset it . I was just curious if any of you have had this problem and if anyone knew of any possible fixes?

ff500

Established Member
A little over a year and 3 dishwashers, were they covered under warranty?

How old is the house?
Fuses or breakers?
What is plugged in when the circuit trips?

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
dishwasher #1 came with house which was built in 2007 believe it had the same issue now that dishwasher #2 has broken. The first dishwasher was 4 years old so def. no warranty and the second one was bought from a family friend who bought the thing approx. 4 years ago and put it into storage but never got around to installing it into their house. And it's the fuse that keeps popping on all the plugs.

ff500

Established Member
House is 5 years old. What do you plug in when the fuse pops, or is the dishwasher causing the fuse to pop?

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
dishwasher is on a seperate fuse than the other fuses that are popping but it lead me to believe that there was an issue with the entire houses wiring, And thanks for the input guys.

ff500

Established Member
You may have a higher than normal voltage which would cause the circuit boards to go on the appliance, also a bad nuetral connection could cause your voltage to fluctuate. Call your power company and let them evaluate, then a call to an electrician may be next if its not your power companies issue.

A sign of a bad nuetral would be lights dimming and becoming brighter than normal at times.

Users who are viewing this thread