Division X Fuel Rail problems with vmp supercharger

DSG_03COBRA

Established Member
Hey guys! This is my first post on the forum so I hope I'm doing this right. I have read alot on here, but have never posted anything until.
First off let me start off by saying that what I'm about to ask I know is a topic that has been beaten to death, but I cant seem to find the answer to my situation anywhere....
I recently purchased a full lethal 1400rwhp fuel kit. I know its way overkill, but its what lethal performance recommended to me. The division x fuel rails in this kit did not clear my bypass valve. I then osened the bracket for the bypasss valve and move it up slightly and got it to clear my rails. The issue I am now having is that the actuator arm on the bypass valve is shoved into the rail.
I know some of you guys run these rails with a vmp blower, so I was just wondering what you guys did to correct this problem? Im not sure if i just need to have the rails machined slightly to clear the armr what? I contacted vmp and lethal today and asked them what needed to be done and they told me they didnt know. All that they knew is that they would fit but it is tight. This is very frustrating to me since I specifically asked if they would clear the bypass valve before I even bought the kit. I am so FRUSTRATED and would really prefer to not have a new set of rails machined if i can help it!
If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. I am told there is someone on here running the same set up on here that runs nmra, but I dont want to put anyones name on the net that I dont know! PLEASE HELP! THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS!

Also I didnt have my injectors in the rails when I test fitted it. Maybe thats why it hits the arm????

Attachments

• 20180305_161950 (1).jpg
    20180305_161950 (1).jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 248

Soap

Established Member
Why does Lethal keep selling these damn things and telling people they fit the TVS. Do yourself a favor, sell them or return them and buy a set of Fore rails, they fit perfect. I had the exact same problem last winter when I did my fuel system/TVS and Lethal just kept telling me "we have installed them with no issues".

If you dig deeper lots of people have had the exact same issue. It's a known problem.

--Joe

DSG_03COBRA

Established Member
That's unfortunate. I guess I was under the impression that these companies were both very reputable companies. I hope there is another solution. I'm sure lethal probably won't them back now that I have started to install them. Do you have a link for the fore rails by chance?
Honestly I kinda feel like I got suckered at this point with the response that they gave me. I guess I should've done more digging like you said. I just dont see any way they will fit without some sort of grinding..

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Works on my car. I’ll have to take a picture. It’s tight no doubt but no issues.

DSG_03COBRA

Established Member
Yes please send a pic if you can. I am really interested to see if I am doing something wrong......

DSG_03COBRA

Established Member
Thanks for the pic. Notching it is most likely what I'll do. Does anyone know if there is a procedure for adjusting the bypass valve since I had to move it up slightly to clear the top of the fuel rail.

Soap

Established Member
You should not be adjusting the bypass.........doing that messes up the travel of the plunger. Again, same thing Lethal told me to do and I told them no.

I bet your's is either not going to open all the way or not close all the way now.

--Joe

Comp04svt

Established Member
Unfortunately I don't have a good picture. But mine was the same in the picture above. I had to notch mine as well. Only other issue I had with the Lethal kit was when I upgraded to the 465 pumps. I had to modify the pump slightly to get them to fit. Nothing too serious, and haven't had any complaints with the kit really.

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
I just put 2 washers between the lower intake and rail where it bolts up, it spaced the rail out enough to just interfere with the boost by pass.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I have an older set of Fore rails, and what I did was milled out just enough to clear the linkage. There is plenty of material on your fuel rails, so you can do that same. Take it to a local machine shop. It will cost you very little to have it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSG_03COBRA

Established Member
Well guys, I ended up taking the rail to a guy I know who owns a machine shop and had him notch a groove in it for me. Hopefully we took enough out to make it clear. I haven't had a chance to test fit it again since the car is at a friends house right now. Im pretty bummed I had to grind a brand new set of rails! I'm prolly gonna call lethal and complain to them about lying to me when this project is done. It's prolly not gonna get me anywhere, but maybe with my complaining and a bunch of others they'll quit lying to people about the fitment and save the next guy a headache. Anyways heres a pic...
2018030795164158.jpg
2018030795164239.jpg

DSG_03COBRA

Established Member
Not saying anyone is wrong or anything, but I'm just curious, if of the bypass valve is not meant to be adjusted, then why do they oblong the holes in the bracket? I'm just wondering how I will know when its set right now?
You should not be adjusting the bypass.........doing that messes up the travel of the plunger. Again, same thing Lethal told me to do and I told them no.

I bet your's is either not going to open all the way or not close all the way now.

--Joe

aarons04cobra

Established Member
Well guys, I ended up taking the rail to a guy I know who owns a machine shop and had him notch a groove in it for me. Hopefully we took enough out to make it clear. I haven't had a chance to test fit it again since the car is at a friends house right now. Im pretty bummed I had to grind a brand new set of rails! I'm prolly gonna call lethal and complain to them about lying to me when this project is done. It's prolly not gonna get me anywhere, but maybe with my complaining and a bunch of others they'll quit lying to people about the fitment and save the next guy a headache. Anyways heres a pic...View attachment 1471734 View attachment 1471735

Don't waste your breath complaining to lethal. I did the same before when they sent me a 10 spline clutch disc when i ordered a 26 for a customer. This customers car was apart on my lift and they needed it back asap. I explained the situation to lethal. Would not waste my time trying to get them to help me again.

Soap

Established Member
Not saying anyone is wrong or anything, but I'm just curious, if of the bypass valve is not meant to be adjusted, then why do they oblong the holes in the bracket? I'm just wondering how I will know when its set right now?

It is meant to be adjusted. My point was that once it is set....if you move it then it is in the wrong position.

I would take the blower off and hook up a vacuum pump and adjust the bypass until the blade is working properly.

--Joe

DSG_03COBRA

Established Member
Finally got a chance to work on the car again tonight. Had to to take the rail back to my friends machine shop and have him take off some more on the rail. Ended up taking .157" out of the rail to get it to fit properly with out interfering with the bypass valve arm. Seems to be ok now. This is my first fuel system upgrade so it' a slow going process for me, but I feel like I'm starting to make some progress. Still mad as heck at lethal for lying to me, but what do ya do?
Anyways here's a pic. Still alot of cleaning up to do.....
20180310_012435.jpg
20180310_012415.jpg

DSG_03COBRA

Established Member
What kind of sealant are you guys using on your pipe fittings with e85? I got my fuel system all together and primed it and realized the brass fittings I used to plumb on my fuel pressure gauge was leaking. I used a Teflon type sealer on it and I'm guessing it doesn't seal with e85???

DSG_03COBRA

Established Member
I also have the factory fuel line and rails, and partial budget return set up from lethal if anyone is interested. Not sure how I'd ship the factory fuel line though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread