DIY vinyl wrap job - $120!

key

Established Member
If you've thought about going flat black you have to see this:

[ame=http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376442]wrapped my car - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com[/ame]

attachment.php

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
pretty cool. for $120 you cant beat it. maybe i should do the top half of my car :rollseyes

OutKast

SVT=Fast
Established Member
Yeah I think that's a pretty valid concern. Evidently even the pros end up scratching the paint while doing it sometimes.

Well I have to say, that with my six year old paint, there already is a bunch of imperfections. Orange peel was bad from the factory. A couple new scratches, as long as they are minor, would not bother me to get a new look so cheap. Imagine not having to wax, then in ten years, you decide to quit wrapping in vinyl, your color has not faded at all.

Now I can get the flat dark green cobra I always wanted.:banana:

key

Established Member
Yeah I wouldn't be too worried about the small scratches from an exacto either. It's not like these cars came with perfect paint from the factory anyway. Plus the scratches would be super thin and only on the edges of the panels where you would probably never notice.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Wow, I bet that took some patience and time. It looks great though. I don't think we all would get the same results though. I'm amazed at how he got all the nooks in the grill/bumper area too.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Would love to see some more picks with close up's of areas like the door jams, trunk, and underhood.

key

Established Member
Yeah I was thinking about what would be hard on a cobra and I can't imagine doing the front valance or the hood.

SVT2122

Established Member
Would love to see some more picks with close up's of areas like the door jams, trunk, and underhood.

He said in the thread he didn't do them, I'm not sure its possible to every last bit with out ****ing up one of the jams somewhere. How are you gonna get a squeegee in there?

Predatorbird

Established Member
I was just talking to a buddy of mine who owns a vinyl store about doing this. He is wrapping his truck flat black pretty soon. I guess it's not that hard to wrap a car since the vinyl stretches pretty good. I've got him working on a project for me that should be done here pretty soon.

MAD SVT

The guy with the Thing.
Established Member
where can i get some of this wrap? i was thinking of doing my hood, but i want the option to remove it of course..

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
I have a friend that does alot of vinyling so I may hit him up for a quote and wrap my 65 Coupe! It'd be much easier than wrapping the Cobra and I think it would look sick!

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
im sure those scratches (assuming they aren't deep thru the paint) would be so small you could buff them out like normal clearcoat scratches.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
That's awesome! I would do this to my truck if I could pull off a job like that. I would probably mess something up and I wouldn't really know what to do though...

Users who are viewing this thread