DJM suspension - LCA

SVTxXxFreak6

TSAFE MOTHER****ER
Established Member
Hey guys,

Just gathering some information before I bite the bullet. I've been thinking of a route for my front suspension and I've been looking at DJM lower control arms as they advertise a 4inch drop on summitracing site.

To all you guys who have switched over, what is the actual drop you guys are seeing and how is the ride? Any negative side effects? Troubles with installation?

And if someone could correct me in assuming that the only reason I should get the uppers control arms would be to maintain factory alignment?
( no actual drop given from them right? )

Thanks for any info.! Much appreciated. :beer:

Bootbox

Established Member
I have the upper and the lowers. The lowers give you a 2" drop, you'd need a drop spring in addition if you wanted to go lower.

The uppers have a revised ball joint angle and a replaceable (heavy duty) ball joint plus they use polyurethane bushings vs the stock rubber ones. A worthy upgrade for those reasons in my opinion.

SVTxXxFreak6

TSAFE MOTHER****ER
Established Member
I have the upper and the lowers. The lowers give you a 2" drop, you'd need a drop spring in addition if you wanted to go lower.

The uppers have a revised ball joint angle and a replaceable (heavy duty) ball joint plus they use polyurethane bushings vs the stock rubber ones. A worthy upgrade for those reasons in my opinion.

Yeah thats what I thought the drop would give me, just needed to be certain. I guess for price of the uppers it would be worth it. Thanks for your input. :beer:

Bootbox

Established Member
No problem man, toss some pics up when you get them installed :)

PS You'll need custom swaybar endlinks with the lowers unless they changed something in the last couple years (doubt it) the stock endlinks are waaaay too long.

I bought an Energy Suspension swaybar bushing kit (pepboys) it's just 8 bushings and washers, and then got some 4" grade 8 bolts and nuts from Home Depot. I had to trim half the threads off the bolt to get the clearance to work but it might have been because I did the 4" drop, can't remember now.

SVTxXxFreak6

TSAFE MOTHER****ER
Established Member
No problem man, toss some pics up when you get them installed :)

PS You'll need custom swaybar endlinks with the lowers unless they changed something in the last couple years (doubt it) the stock endlinks are waaaay too long.

I bought an Energy Suspension swaybar bushing kit (pepboys) it's just 8 bushings and washers, and then got some 4" grade 8 bolts and nuts from Home Depot. I had to trim half the threads off the bolt to get the clearance to work but it might have been because I did the 4" drop, can't remember now.

Really? I spoke with a member earlier and he said he had no problem with the stock swaybars. I guess I'll find out with the install. lol

Users who are viewing this thread