DMV Trip

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Well, $701.42 later, and I have a registration for the Cobra for one year and some beautiful purple lisence plates.

There was some question as to what color would be put on my registration. Well...let me put that question to bed. The lady behind the counter, who was obviously having a bad day, and was not about to take any shit from me, asked me what color the car is. I said, "well, that's gonna be tricky, cuz it changes colors." She blinked a few times, without changing her facial expression in the slightest detail, and repeated, "What color is the car?"

I said, "Blue."

She typed "Blue"

My registration reads, "Blue".

Isn't it neat how that works?:bored:

So now I have my beautiful $700 purple lisence plates, and want to put them on my "blue" car...and I cant exactly figure out how the rear plate mounts. There are square plastic "plugs" in four holes in the back, that roughly line up with the holes in the lisence plate, then there are two larger holes in these big triangular recesses. The square "plugs" dont seem to turn or pull out, so I'm not exactly sure what is supposed to happen back there. Is there a bracket I'm missing that attaches to the two larger holes in the triangular recesses? Do the square plugs unscrew and are just in there SUPER TIGHT. How the hell does this thing work?!:??:

Any help would be appreciated, cuz I'm just a little too blonde to figure this one out, and I am scared to scratch the paint or break something trying to unscrew plugs that dont unscrew.:smmon:

Mystichrome

Spoiler Delete
Established Member
the screws go in the center of the black squares, just push while turning and the centers brake-away letting screws go in, the screws should be in the glove box

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
ah...ok. I think they may have failed to give me screws. I'll see if I can track them down, but they aren't in my glove box. Hmmm. Thanks very much for solving the mystery though for me. It was really bugging me that I couldn't figure out how to mount a simple lisence plate!

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Then be sure to drill holes in the front bumper to mount the front license plate bracket. I think it would be a nice look on the front of your car, the purple plate to go with your blue car...lol

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
LOL...yea, I've been sizing drill bits all evening, trying to decide which one to use, but then I realized, I can probably just use a phillips screwdriver with a hammer, cuz the dealership gave me these threaded "moly-bolt" kinda things that go into the bumper after the hole is made.

It's gonna look so perdy!

*goes and gets his hammer and screwdriver*

Last edited:

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
And by the way, for those who couldn't read into the joke...there is no way in hell I'm putting a front plate on my car! LOL

Fang

Established Member
Use the Roto Zip. It works wonders on your car. Nice Blue Car. Where did you get yours? (Dealership)

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
I dont think i could have passed up the chance to say

"BLURPLE!"

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
No No No!

Please dont put a hole in your paint. I have seen different mounting plates on this site that look pretty good. They attach under near where the HE is and it puts the plate up in front of the bumper. If anyone has one post a pic. I know somebody does becuase I have seen a couple different versions.

If ya gotta do it then got for it. I would just look at other options first.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Re: No No No!

Originally posted by Johnny Random
Please dont put a hole in your paint. I have seen different mounting plates on this site that look pretty good. They attach under near where the HE is and it puts the plate up in front of the bumper. If anyone has one post a pic. I know somebody does becuase I have seen a couple different versions.

Don't worry man, it's cool, he has no intention of putting on his front plate, like 90 percent of us. I already figured I'd have to pay a few fines but so far it hasn't been a problem. I guess the state troopers are the ones that will really bust you on it. Oh well, whats $25 compared to a nice smooth front bumper.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Check your glove box for the bolts/screws for the rear plate. And enjoy that nice new "blue" Cobra :D

Mysticobra

Established Member
Same for me, the color of my car is "blue" on my registration. The dealer got the registration for me so I don't know how it went to finish as being blue. The next time this will come up is when I'll get a driving ticket with the cop looking at the registration and I'm not looking forward to that moment.

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Yea, the cop will be looking at the registration saying "blue" and then glancing back at your emerald green car, then back at the registration saying "blue" and think..."what the hell is this punk trying to pull on me!"

It might get ugly. Hehehe.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Re: No No No!

Originally posted by Johnny Random

You're talking about this I think...

http://sonicblur.net/orders/order_form.htm

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
I've driven without a front plate in Colorado for 5 years now, and never had a problem. I've even been pulled over for "aggressive driving" and had to beg my way out of a 12 point ticket, and never was there an issue with the front plate being absent. I'll take my chances.

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
Hmmm. I was gonna try getting mine registered as mystichrome. Afterall thats what it is. Or does it need to conform to the choices that the dmv has on the screen or they get confused type thing(red, green, black, white, blue, tan, grey)??

Still waiting for my certificate of origin so I can register it

Users who are viewing this thread