do caster/camber plates affect ride?

AC Mech

Established Member
The reason I ask is a friend had some installed, and when I drove his car it seemed as if his ride quality had suffered. It does not make sense that they would affect the ride, but it seemed to on his. IDK maybe there were other factors at play I was unaware of. Opinions?

romi

Established Member
ya they affect the ride, but only by helping to get the correct front end alignment which ultimately would make it better. Did you friend have aftermarket springs? That can make a world of difference.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
The reason I ask is a friend had some installed, and when I drove his car it seemed as if his ride quality had suffered. It does not make sense that they would affect the ride, but it seemed to on his. IDK maybe there were other factors at play I was unaware of. Opinions?

If this was the only modification to his suspension, the ride quality should not have changed. Generally, aftermarket C/C plates are only installed in conjunction with other suspension components...:beer:

Taz

Established Member
Factory top strut attachment to the chassis is via rubber bushings. However, many C/C plates use Heim joints, instead, to locate the upper ends of the struts. The Heim joints will allow the transmission of more NVH.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
i've got the mm plates with the other suspension mods in my sig and it's very quiet, i have no excessive nvh. rides pretty damn well, too. i called the guys at mm before making suspension mod choices, and this is what they recommended as a "minimum" setup for a vert intended for street use and occasional tracking. i can't complain... it's not my c6z, but it feels light years better than stock

xavier296

Always another project.
Established Member
I see you made the recommended jump to Bilstein HDs C6z, do you have any data points to know if they are actually better than running stock convertible bilsteins with the h&r springs. I went the cheap way out and keep second guessing myself for not buying the HDs.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I see you made the recommended jump to Bilstein HDs C6z, do you have any data points to know if they are actually better than running stock convertible bilsteins with the h&r springs. I went the cheap way out and keep second guessing myself for not buying the HDs.

no, i don't have any track times or anything like that. I did all the suspension mods at once (springs/cc plates/hd shock and strut). It would be interesting to see real world results for the verts if adding better valved shocks/struts makes a difference over the factory valved vert bilsteins. I had the car up in the air and apart so I just decided that was a good time to do it

Last edited:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
I did not upgrade my shocks either when I did the H&R springs.....my car has 11k miles on it..didn't see the need to replace perfectly good bilstiens

huben94

Established Member
Yea, I would not recommend the MM Camber plates for the street, way too much Noise from them, maybe Hotchkis might be better.

Users who are viewing this thread